Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 wheelers are dangerous

Mad at myself but thankful....

Bought a 84 200es on Tuesday...cleaned carb and it was running...
    My SIL rode it last night for 3 mins and hit a telephone pole...
    Bruised his leg but is walking....thank the lord...

I am mad at myself for letting him ride it alone....he is not new to atvs but inexperienced with them....he panicked and hit the brakes with his thumb full throttle....
    Front end is toast...forks, rack, handlebars, triple tree all smashed....

I had it for about 24 hours...lol

Luckily he wasn’t hurt badly....

Dang, that's why they quit making them. Hope he heals up ok.

Comment

I've known a few people that have flipped them. My aunt is missing a leg because of one. Not really because of the 3 wheeler but it threw her out in the road and a semi ran over her.

Comment

Not sure the three wheels had anything to do with that.
        Glad he is ok

Comment

We had one when I was growing up. Man those things are sketchy.

Comment

Your SIL or BIL road it?

Those things are dangerous as heck. I guided on a ranch near Freer once and some guys showed up late at night to hunt for a few days. Drunk as a skunk when they got there and one of them found the keys to a 3 wheeler. He took it for a wild spin and wound up with a compound fracture in his leg. Dummy nearly bled out before they got him taken care of.

Comment

Oh I have flippped them...last thing I told him....hey just putt around on it...

I put it in 3rd...told him...you don’t even need to shift it....

Famous last words

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                I've known a few people that have flipped them. My aunt is missing a leg because of one. Not really because of the 3 wheeler but it threw her out in the road and a semi ran over her.

Holy schnikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sabrekiller View Post
                  your sil or bil road it?

Those things are dangerous as heck. I guided on a ranch near freer once and some guys showed up late at night to hunt for a few days. Drunk as a skunk when they got there and one of them found the keys to a 3 wheeler. He took it for a wild spin and wound up with a compound fracture in his leg. Dummy nearly bled out before they got him taken care of.
                  son in law

Comment

Glad he’s OK, but I’m not sure the 3 wheeler is to blame for hitting a telephone pole. I’ve wrecked 3 wheelers about every way you can wreck one and every single time it was my fault or the fault of a buddy who bet me I couldn’t do something.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, glad it turned out ok.

I found this out also when I was 20. I bought a honda 250 3 wheeler and that thing was scary. Making turns with any speed, scary. Trying to go over small uneven hills, scary. Just not a good design for safe riding.

J

Comment

I rode them for years growing up and never had a wreck....they may be a bit more dangerous, but don’t think it’s the three wheelers fault.

Comment

Those things are stupid dangerous....especially when you are 12. I had many close calls and am very lucky I only ended with bumps and bruises. We probably flipped it 10 times before my buddies parents got rid of it. Glad it wasn’t any worse for your SIL.

Comment

Here...

I rolled one as a kid. I ended up with stitches on one ear due to smacking a tree while not wearing a helmet. The Good Lord was looking after me that day.

Comment

Oh..I never said it was the 3 wheelers fault...it was his...
                              Or actually mine for letting him ride..

Everything work on it...brakes good...

He was going too fast after I told him not to....tried to turn and was going to fast...hit both brakes but didn’t take his thumb off the throttle....

It is toast

I have 3 of them.....but this one might be a parts bike now

Comment

Working...
                              X