Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What riding lawn mower or zero turn would you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What riding lawn mower or zero turn would you get?

Bought a few acres and looking for pros and cons. Im hearing zero turn is the best. What brand has been good to yall? Saw some at Home Depot John Deere, Toro, Cub Cadet, etc. I am a budget shopper so I will work with the lowest tier. What company has the best warranty, parts service, longevity, etc?

You are going to hear every brand out there. My suggestion is to find a reputable dealer and stay away from the box stores.

Lowest price tag doesn't always mean it'll cost you less in the long run.

Comment

I agree buy from a dealer, they can service and have all the parts or can get them shortly.

Comment

Scag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
          Scag

X 2 on Scag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

X2 for staying away from box stores. Ideally, get one that has a dealer close, some WILL break eventually. My bad boy is almost 10 years old, with only replacing consumables...belts, pulley’s and batteries. My next one will most likely be a bad boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a fan of Kubota. I’ve stayed the story here in the past, but I took a 10 year old diesel zero turn swimming one day at full steam. Got it hauled out after almost an hour, drained/changed fluids and filters, cranked it up and let it run for a little bit, changed everything again and run it, and changed fluids/filters and was done. It’s still running today, 5-6 years later. We just bought another one last week, and relegated the old one to strictly pond bank use. I know Scags are good, as are Bad Boy mowers if you’re looking at gasoline

Good luck with whatever you decide on. But I will agree with the aforementioned advice to purchase from a dealer and avoid the box stores. Buy from someone who can work on what they sell

Comment

I had a Kubota 21 hp diesel and then bought a used Scag Turff Tiger w 35 hp gas Briggs and Stratton. I never mow w the Kubota now.

Comment

I have a Dixie chopper 12 years old. Next one will be a Scag

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure whatever you purchase comes from a lawn mower shop.If you have issues,they will be quickly resolved at a shop..The big box stores that sell ztr's are pieces of crap..Take it back for a problem, and you'll be lucky to get it back in 2 months..All of the mowers sold in a shop are legit.Some are more legit than others..I like Kubota diesels.Last ZTR you'll ever buy.Grasshopper diesels are just as good.Gas one's..Scag,Hustler,J.D..In that order.I've spent a lot of money on those rascals.My own money.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                      Scag

X3 on Scag!

Comment

I just picked up a Hustler SDX and I am very impressed so far.

Comment

If you have a dealer near by buy a Country Clipper. Best mower we have had.

It operates via a joystick and it is grewt

Comment

I found a good used one, works great and was much more reasonable in price

Comment

I have a couple of John Deere's that are 13 yrs old bought from a dealer that are still going strong. Flat tires, a spindle bearing and blades are about it. They are always blown off after use and kept under roof. Both have Kawasaki's.

That's been my experience with zero turns.

Comment

Working...
                              X