Giraffe 50 BMG Head Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
    Rogue giraffe? Wonder what it did to earn that description.
    The PH who owned the ranch said it was an older male that would not let the younger males mate and was past his prime. He also said that moving Giraffes was not an easy thing to do. I would agree. So basically when they are born on that ranch, they are there until they are killed/die.

Comment

I don’t know much about Africa or giraffes, wouldn’t a little ol 30-06 have done the trick if the game is “shoot em in the dome”?

I got no problem with any of it..... he’s still a Moron, but that’s another thread

Comment

....that was a neck shot, not a head shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dammit now I gotta watch the video.[emoji2955]

Gary

Comment

I would be all over it if I could shoot a giraffe with a .50bmg. Keith is alright just not for everyone.

Comment

When he started out his shows were okay. Then he got into the deer breeder stuff and went in a direction I wasn't interested in so . . .
              Good shot though.
              Gary

Comment

i dated his wife debbie back in high school.

Comment

Lol! Boom

Comment

If only it was closer! I’d “pull the trigger” on that.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                      Alan Warren was his name, I'm pretty sure
                      Yes that is him. He does a RV radio show now and owns a campground on Lake Buchanan. I think it's Big Chief RV &Cabins Resort.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                        Alan Warren was his name, I'm pretty sure
                        Yes, that was him. Wonder why he quit.
                        A lot better show than his joker brother.

Comment

Dang, looked like he had a lazy eye after that shot! Bet he doesn’t try that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He might have ruined part of a neck roast, but I think he'll still be alright in that department.

Is a .50 BMG really that different than a .458 Lott or .460 NE? Not sure I would have gone the BMG route personally, but who cares?? Keep hunting, and keep being conservationists! It's what keeps this wheel rolling.

MZ

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Some of y’all will bi*ch about anything! This was a good video and a perfect shot!

I respect the fact that he showed his goof up from the scope hitting him. He also showed hunting ethics by passing on the wildebeest. He did a great job of explaining how the giraffe would be used. I don’t know what else y’all want.

“Not sure why anyone would want to shoot a giraffe in the head with a 50 BMG.”

Because he can, and he got paid to do it.
                              Agreed. As long as it's not illegal I don't have a problem with it. He has another video with his son that he shot a buck with the same gun. Thought that was a little over the top. Not going to criticize how someone else decides to hunt, we have enough anti's for that.

Comment

This the buck video. Shots at the 8 minute mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X