Val Verde 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    Thanks. Saw the rain chances for this weekend and opted to go next weekends instead since I’ll have the family in tow.
    Been raining most of the morning. Not really a steady rain but it's a good soaking type of rain that will be most beneficial for the dry conditions we had been experiencing.

Comment

It’s plain nasty out here. Drizzling, windy and45°

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
        It’s plain nasty out here. Drizzling, windy and45°

Double up on the Jim Beam

Thanks again bud!!

Comment

Praise the Lord we are getting more rain

It's rained so much the cardboard boxes are blooming
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pedernal; 04-04-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Seeing reports of a pretty big fire out near Pandale on the north side of 1024. Praying the wind stays down today so they can get it taken care of.

Comment

We are 8000 feet from the Val Verde county line in SW Edwards County. We have had some good rain, things are greening up nicely. We need everything to fall in place to build our Whitetail herd back up. Always hoping for the best for everyone.

Comment

I'm hoping for a very dry summer after the anthrax outbreak last year. I was excited to see so much rain in the spring but when it went into summer and caused the anthrax outbreak, I wasn't so thrilled.

Comment

Originally posted by JCSO9530 View Post
                  I'm hoping for a very dry summer after the anthrax outbreak last year. I was excited to see so much rain in the spring but when it went into summer and caused the anthrax outbreak, I wasn't so thrilled.

This was our same exact experience last year. It’s my understanding the abundant Spring Rain last year combined with the summer drought brought the Anthrax to the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                    This was our same exact experience last year. It’s my understanding the abundant Spring Rain last year combined with the summer drought brought the Anthrax to the surface.

That’s what I’m understanding as well. I don’t know how much truth is in it but a local resident out there said that rain, then drought, then rain is what causes the spores to bloom.

Comment

Our place is incredibly green, as I’m sure all of yours are. I’ve been out a couple of times over the last month and our turkey numbers are pretty high. We usually don’t see many at all, but seems you can’t hardly get away from them now. Axis have been pretty low key, but there’s no reason for them to come out with the amount of food for them. We also haven’t been seeing the usual numbers of aoudad, but our rancher has been using helicopters to kill coyotes (we are finally starting to get some) and I’m sure that doesn’t help them too much. Pigs seem to be everywhere, too. Can’t seem to get away from them.

Headed out again this weekend for one last shot at turkeys and a little pig control.

Comment

I'm ready to go back...

I haven't been out since the last weekend in February. There was some water i the "pots", but it was drying up fast. Good to see they are getting some rain. I jut hope it's not the torrential, sustained downpours they had two years ago. It washed out huge portions of the road going in. It's time to feed again in a couple of weeks. If no one else goes, my wife and I will probably go.

I checked camera while I was there in February and found a pic of this guy. I never had a pic of him all year long last year. I'm glad to see he made it through the season. I hope he gets a little more mass and he'll be a stud.

Click image for larger version

Name:	STC_0133-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	24616015

Comment

The dry devils river runs through our place for a handful of miles.... in some places it looks like the water got 20’+ deep from rains in March.

Comment

Comment

Hope the fire gets put out soon... Unfortunately, we are already experiencing temps in the high 90s with very gusty winds.

UPDATE [Apr. 22, 5:15 p.m.] — The Holcombe Road Fire in Crockett and Val Verde Counties in west Texas is now at an estimated 23,922 acres and 15% containment, according to the Texas A&M Forest Service.

Last edited by Pedernal; 04-22-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Raining again thanks be to God!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X