Ford Death Wobble & Warranty - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
    What's the recommended reaction to handling a DW episode while at speed on the road?
    Hard braking, let off throttle and coast, etc?

You folks that have experienced it, let others know how to avoid a crash.

For true death wobble everyone I have heard of just gripped the wheel tightly with both hands and shouted OH ***** over and over until they got stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      For true death wobble everyone I have heard of just gripped the wheel tightly with both hands and shouted OH ***** over and over until they got stopped.

Pretty much sums it up.

After about the 4th time I told my buddy I was going to see if I could “accelerate out of it.” I tried...it didn’t work. Not a recommended strategy!LOL!

Hold tight and brake is about the only remedy. If possible, try to ease to the shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
        What's the recommended reaction to handling a DW episode while at speed on the road?
        Hard braking, let off throttle and coast, etc?

You folks that have experienced it, let others know how to avoid a crash.
        All I could do was let off the throttle and let it do it's thing. Started at 75+mph and stopped when I got under 40-45. Braking seemed to make it worse and I couldn't manhandle nor whip the steering wheel to make it stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Why would you keep buying Fords with that history?
          I personally have just switched from a f350 to a Chevy
          But I don’t put in the purchase orders for the company stuff but do get lots of feedback from lots of rep’s , and vendors
          My wife works for usaa and will probably never ever even ride in a
          F250-350 due to her and I getting DW in our trucks and seeing and hearing about usaa clients wrecking or losing control from DW
          ( she is so particular about it that she gets nervous/ frightened
          Driving on I-10 between the cement barricades near a ford truck)
          Here is my mother in law’s car after a truck pulling a trailer hit a rough spot and lost control and smashed my family
          So DW is kinda a pet peeve, especially when the dealerships tell me it’s all in my head
          This is like the flushot argument some people never get the shot then kill grandma and their 3 month old baby with the flu, most folks seem to get DW at some point but some don’t
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Now Zac, I have been told here repeatedly that the blue oval stared bankruptcy in the face, buckled down, and pulled themselves out of the ditch of financial ruin.......WITHOUT taking the bail out like Government Motors, and Flipped Out Mirror did...how dare you suggest FoMoCo had their hand out too!
            Did ford take bailout $?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
              Did ford take bailout $?

No.

Comment

When mine started I couldn't get it to stop until I pulled off to the shoulder and slowed to 20 miles an hour with traffic blasting past me. Wild!

Comment

I had an 07 f250 that had DW. Extremely scary stuff at 70 mph. I took it in to dealership and they rebuilt the front end and put a "new Ford designed" stabilizer bracket on which supposedly changed the angle that it was positioned at and service manager went as far as to admit that it was a design flaw. I said, oh well they're going to warranty it then since it's a design flaw right? Service manager said no, it isn't a recall. I threw a fit but it didn't do any good. In the end I was out $2500 but it fixed the issue. To add insult to injury, about a year later I got a letter in the mail from Ford saying they're study on these DW issues had determined that it was due to customers not maintaining proper air pressure in their tires. I sent them a letter back asking when I could expect to receive reimbursement for the $2500 they swindled me out of then for improper diagnosis and repairs. You will probably be shocked to hear that I never heard back from them or received a cent[emoji35]. I can't believe though, that 12 years later, Ford still hasn't fixed this problem and is still apparently getting away with it and not being held accountable.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                    Did ford take bailout $?

Yes
                    Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    No.
                    Ford didn't get it from TARP like the others did but they did take $5.9 billion from TALF. Different acronym, same government.

Comment

I don’t understand....if this is such a problem, then why hasn’t it happened to my ‘17 250? 51k miles. What’s different about yours?

Comment

It doesn’t happen to them all, but the fact that there is (at least) a FIFTEEN THOUSAND unit backorder for the part required to fix it (for warranty repairs only) might indicate that it’s a significant issue, no?

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Just a follow up. Mark met me at the shop yesterday so I could get my pickup on my way through Schulenberg. So far so good! Thanks Mark!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Safe travels Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                              I don’t understand....if this is such a problem, then why hasn’t it happened to my ‘17 250? 51k miles. What’s different about yours?

Not sure. Too many variables in play. Some trucks go 100k plus or more. Mine had it happen below 30k. It’s a 17, 250.

Comment

Got my new stabilizer as well. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X