No announcement yet.

Ford Death Wobble & Warranty - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I have a chance to buy a 2016 F250 4x4 King Ranch I should run as fast and as far away as I can from what I am reading on this thread, right?
    Grits

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
      So if I have a chance to buy a 2016 F250 4x4 King Ranch I should run as fast and as far away as I can from what I am reading on this thread, right?
      Grits
      Lol! No.
      Right at 70k on my 16. Not a lick of trouble on anything. BIL has 140k plus and never any trouble either.
      I honestly don’t know of anyone personally that has had dw on their Ford.

Comment

I agree with some of the others above, aftermarket has resolved the death wobble for my 2007 dodge 3500. I began experiencing the problem around 150,000 miles. Stock parts just don’t have the durability to stand up to the weight of these trucks. I had to replace the ball joints (Moog), u joints (Moog), steering linkage (Moog) leveling kit (bilstein) & shock absorbers (bilstein) to Prevent the slack in the front end of my truck. The cost was about 3k. The parts of these heavy trucks are not made to last forever and no one should expect them to.

Comment

2019 F250. 10,000 miles with the DW. Dealership can't even get parts to work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
            Grits
            No , if the price is right and you have the money to get it to a specialty shop to have good front component inspection it’s probably a good truck, way way way overpriced
            As all fords are, but if you don’t mind or care about over paying for it
            Side note I have a major issue with our local ford dealership ( ford of boerne) having a take it or leave it attitude and a horrible reputation on using deceptive financing
            Also I would not buy a f250 diesel because I just cannot believe they would put a 425 hp / 900+ feet of torque in a light duty truck
            That is rated as a 3/4 ton
            I would stick with a 1 ton ( any brand)

Comment

I have driven Fords for almost 25 years and never had a problem with the death wobble. Had my first experience around Thanksgiving on my 2012 with 85k. It needed shocks so I traded for a 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                I have driven Fords for almost 25 years and never had a problem with the death wobble. Had my first experience around Thanksgiving on my 2012 with 85k. It needed shocks so I traded for a 2020.
                Dang I wish ford would hire me to be a truck tester, as ever single super duty we have had since 2007 has gotten DW
                No level kits or lifts, stock tires, just high way and ranch roads
                I don’t work in a office or some chemical plant, or use a truck as a grocery getter or mall crawl
                Don’t ever abuse them just use them to work with and pull a 25 foot power catamaran when I can get time
                IMO our 3/4 and 1 ton trucks went south when they quit putting 16 inch rims and went to 18 and 20’s
                My trucks always had 235/85/16 mainly with discount tire pathfinder tires or bfg a/t even our expedition’s got 200,000 + miles with out the DW on 16’s
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-09-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

My 2011 has never had it (nock on wood) at 150,*** miles now.
                  Owned it since new, all stock minus the diet.

This thread makes me leary on trading it in on a new one as I currently have planned sometime mid year after the 10 speeds to get some real world use on them..

Comment

I have owned 5 coil sprung solid axle Superduty trucks. I have run each between 150,000 and 200,000 miles and only the 2015 every showed any signs of wanting to wobble, with those signs (@35,000 miles) the aftermarket shop found a worn trackbar ball joint and replaced it with a Moog joint. I then added dual steering stabilizers and ran it to 145,000 with no issue. It was lifted 2.5” running 35’s

2017 is lifted 3” with lift that addresses castor
                    , dual steering stabilizers and running 36.5” tires, bumping 65,000 with no issue.

Non of the things I just mentioned are part of the dealers warranty “fix”. Simply replacing the stock stabilizer will only temporarily mask the problem.

Comment

2019 350 dually with almost 27000 miles. Completely stock. I’ve had DW twice and both were right after I hit a small bump in the road driving around 60 mph.

Comment

I’ve got a 2012 I bought new... 195k on it, I work in the oilfield and the truck has been down a ton of bad roads at a high rate of speed lol. Never once experienced DW... my wife is driving a 19 w/ 6k on it with no issues. I did put a 3” lift kit w/ 35’s on mine at 28k w/ dual steering stabilizers. I guess I should knock on wood.... I bought my wife the 19’ bc of the good luck I’ve had with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          Lol! No.
                          Right at 70k on my 16. Not a lick of trouble on anything. BIL has 140k plus and never any trouble either.
                          I honestly don’t know of anyone personally that has had dw on their Ford.

Same here after the other thread I saw on this I asked a lot of guys I know with fords super duty’s and none had ever experienced this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My uncle's 2018 had the same problem. Has been in the shop 4 times. He was finally told "These 3/4ton+ vehicles aren't made to be ran down the highway unloaded. That being said, without a load on the vehicle it can be expected to have a death wobble at speeds over 65mph." Joke of an answer in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by th972043 View Post
                              He was finally told "These 3/4ton+ vehicles aren't made to be ran down the highway unloaded. That being said, without a load on the vehicle it can be expected to have a death wobble at speeds over 65mph."
                              Lol, yeah right. The new 3/4 tons ride as stiff as old half tons used too. My opinion, too many guys are driving a 3/4 ton as a daily driver (Not judging, just observing), and all three brands are now marketing to these people because there is a lot of them out there, and the big three are putting lighter duty equipment on them to make them ride smoother, while still getting a premium price for them.

Comment

Any guesses what percentage of 250s end up with this problem? I have a 2016.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X