SE Tx archery season targets and results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE Tx archery season targets and results

Hey, I know its way early, but, better early than….well you get it. This is a thread for the SETexans, but all are invited to post.

Post pics of your target bucks, pig or whatever it may be. I hope the best for all of yall and that you get what youre chasing! Have a wonderful season and be safe.

Post at will!

Thanx Calvin

Well since I'm not on a lease this year then I dont have any target bucks but hopefully public land will be good to me this season.

Comment

No Pics yet but got my wife a CenterPoint wrath crossbow and she is amped up an excited for season to get here.I have a little more work to do before season gets here hopefully I can set some cameras up this weekend I hope I have a couple of targets coming in.Looks like we’re gonna have a north dry wind here in Setex for a few days it’s almost tolerable out here today.

Comment

Calvin are you ever going to show us the buck you killed last year?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

It was nothing special. About a 120” 8ptr

Well, he was special to me. Besides this thread is for yall to share and crow a little bit, not for me to brag. I would rather see the deer you killed or are trying to take.
          Last edited by lovemylegacy; 09-07-2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Killing any mature buck with a bow in our area is an accomplishment. You're pretty consistent with your success. Hopefully October I'll have a better idea of the bucks I'll chase this year. My main target buck didn't make the jump in size I wanted him too but I will have a hard time giving him another season to see if that changes.

Comment

Age is where its at regardless of antler size.
              My target is on someone elses wall Im sure. Last known photo was in Nov., he usually resides in my area during the off season. Have not gotten a pic of him in a long time.

Looking forward to the new season. I have a good group of guys on the lease. No target bucks for me as of yet. There was a big 9, but he is young, gonna try and let him walk.

Comment

Did a little lease work today, saw some scrapes, lots of tracks, put up a new stand, lots of acorns(White Oak). Cleared my walking lanes, now all I need is the season to start.

Comment

Been running cams since end of June. Bragged about my Browning cams and how I never have trouble with them and my two main spots had off and on issues for over a month. I know I had some deer that were showing potential but nothing crazy big yet. Do have some mature deer to chase this year though, but more than likely will end up chasing a cull/management deer.

Comment

I need to pull my card at the land this week and see what is showing on it. I had 2 really nice 8pts, a super young 6 and a doe coming like clock work. I pulled 2 weeks ago and the only consistent one now is the young 6 and doe sporatically. I caught the 2 8's with the 6 on cam I have setup to try and catch whoever checked my main cam and plugged the motor on my feeder.

I tried to reactivate a scrape that was used last year so maybe that cam will show something.

I haven't been up to the lake to beat around the Nat'l Forest but my dad has had some decent action on our property that is inside the Nat'l Forest.

Comment

Alright! Good info, looking forward to seeing yall with a grip and grin!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Alright! Good info, looking forward to seeing yall with a grip and grin!

I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All youngsters for me so far. Nothing worth dieing from carbon poisoning yet.

Comment

Yep, same here

Comment

Found a target for my boys first buck come opening weekend. If the buck keeps coming out like this I might put a crossbow in his hands.Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220930_212546056.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	24693284Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220930_213000598.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	24693286

Comment

Working...
                              X