No announcement yet.

2019 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth hunter scores again with muzzleloader.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job, congrats!

Comment

Like the 2 inside kickers, that’s cool. Congrats to the little guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the hall pass to go back. Will be up Friday morning until Monday atleast.

Anybody else in the Clayton area? Our camp is south of Clayone on 9 pines road.

Comment

I didn't see any chasing yet on sunday or Monday. anyone noticed big bucks chasing yet?

Comment

Got up to Honobia/Three Rivers for opening weekend of muzzle loader; ended up tagging a buck and doe Saturday. Sign wasn't too hot besides a rub here and there but I did see plenty of bucks bumping does around after the rain quit that morning. The old guy I put down responded quick and mean off his bed to some mock scraping and rattling Saturday afternoon once the weather cleared out. I'll see if I can figure out how to throw a couple pictures up for y'all.

Comment

Have not seen a buck without a doe or a doe without a buck in last couple days. Just letting you guys know. Going to attempt to rattle a deer up for a friend in the am. Will let you guys know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by AntlersBoy View Post
                  Have not seen a buck without a doe or a doe without a buck in last couple days. Just letting you guys know. Going to attempt to rattle a deer up for a friend in the am. Will let you guys know how it goes

Was going to try that myself this weekend let us know how it goes.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057_Original.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	24596769

Pretty good sign it’s on, back ruffled up.

Comment

^^
                      That's a nice one, Antlersboy. Good luck.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	59409099998__2408E5F1-FA11-42D6-A97C-960B86860FCA.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24596770
                        This guy has one thing on his mind

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                          ^^
                          That's a nice one, Antlersboy. Good luck.

Not on the list this year but one to look forward to for sure

Comment

Still haven't made it to the lease yet! Feel like I'm missing the best part of the season - right around muzzleloader to first week or so of November is usually my favorite.

I felt like the rut was really short last year and also early. Hoping this year it goes pretty hard into mid November maybe little later. Guess there are a few other virgin ruts later in season that can be good too what 30 days after the main event for the does that didn't take . What dates have you guys seen being typical peak rut in our area yrs past? Im north of moyers - south of Clayton about 30 minutes from antlers

Hoping to officially be hunting hard starting November 2 or 3rd for two weeks straight.

On a side note does anyone know any really good deer processors near the antlers area or within 45 minute drive that will take a field dressed deer? I normally break down and process all my own stuff and after doing it myself didn't think ide ever go back, but unfortunately won't be able to do that this year. Ide like to take a cpl does over the two week period and not have to drive 3 hrs home to process and miss hunting these bucks on my time off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lastly, any really good taxidermist in the area ? I use a guy in witchita falls for years and he has always done a pretty good job, about $550 a head. Figured better start looking for good taxidermists close by so I'm ready when I arrow a giant in a week! HAHAH ill keep dreaming lol

Congrats to everyone on here that has taken deer looks like some really nice ones! Have a feeling a cpl more big ones are gonna take a dirt nap real soon! Good luck everybody !
                            Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-31-2019, 10:20 PM.

Comment

McCarty processing between antlers and atoka.

I tried a new taxidermist last year kid last name Watson in caney ok, did a good job, $400.

Oh and the rut last about 2 months down here, prime time last week of October and first week of November

Comment

Thanks very much Antlersboy! Very helpful. Nice having someone local on here . Going to look up the processor. Is their turn around pretty fast?

Your deer heads from last year looked great - ill give him a try hopefully I will have a deer to send him this year. And he is cheaper. Will PM you for details.

In clay county tx where I hunted for ten years they would rut for months too - we had a lot of does and I believe they will continue to rut till each doe has been breed.

Is anyone hunting the colder weather and high pressure over the next cpl days? Weather looks perfect -good winds too . Figured a cpl big ones would go down this weekend. Wishing I could be in the woods
                                Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-31-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X