No announcement yet.

Arrow after the kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rinse and repeat, proven killers move to the top of the batting order.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
      Rinse and repeat, proven killers move to the top of the batting order.

I like this quote

Comment

Flex it replace/resharpen broadhead and fling it at the next critter

Comment

Yet to take anything with my bow, in for opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
            After you guys shoot an animal, will you still use that same arrow or do you count it as a lost cause? After all the pics I have seen of arrow fragments in hands I get nervous about things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I retire them, it’s part of the process for me. I label them with the animal taken, hunt location and retire them to a big vase in the shop. I enjoy pulling them out from time to time, reading the labels and remembering the moments.

Comment

I've never used one twice. If I killed a bunch of animals like some do on here I would probably keep going with one until it broke.

Comment

You guys who retire an arra after killin' somethin' with it, must not shoot many animals... I've had arras that have killed over a dozen animals before getting broke or lost, etc... many get refletched many times or have inserts/broadheads replaced and such, but as long as the shaft passes the flex test and visual inspection, a killin' arra goes in the #1 spot in my quiver...

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                  If it kills it’s usually my go to arrow as long as it checks out
                  Same here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Arrow after the kill?

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    You guys who retire an arra after killin' somethin' with it, must not shoot many animals... I've had arras that have killed over a dozen animals before getting broke or lost, etc... many get refletched many times or have inserts/broadheads replaced and such, but as long as the shaft passes the flex test and visual inspection, a killin' arra goes in the #1 spot in my quiver...

It’s got nothing to do with how many animals I have shot, just a personal preference. I do what I want to do not what people think I should.....

Comment

Never had one of my Easton XX75 break while shooting, whether or not it had been thru an animal. That's why I shoot them instead of the carbons.

Comment

Shoot them until I loose it or break it.

Comment

Killed 15 deer with one arrow .before it broke hitting feeder leg after going through an eight point,clean ,flex, use again if ok

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            I've killed tons of animals with my bow but never reuse an arrow after a kill. I usually save the arrow with dried blood and all. It's just something I've always done. If I needed to use it again maybe that would be different but I just move on to a fresh arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              Find it inspect it and if all checks out . Nock it on the next hunt.

Clean it and this.

Comment

My first three bow kills were with same arrow and head. Replaced the blades and were ready.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Working...
                                X