No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you use estrogen scents? Callers? Was thinking of setting up the doe in heat on my electronic caller

Sounds like you all had a good night.

Comment

Honestly i don’t believe in any of that calling scents etc... I’ve had tons of success by sitting still staying quiet and hunting food and travel areas... but that’s just my .02 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Well callin it a night hopefully the rains not to hard in the am [emoji120][emoji2533]

Comment

Of course the one time I dont hunt my lock on on a main travel route I'm on another property down the road and get these bucks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

They are popping in and out like wack a mole.

Comment

My neighbor on the property I’m after “the blurr” on just text me that him and 2 other bucks were chasing a single doe now in a field about 1000-1500 yards to my north. He’s got lots of pics too, so it’s a strategic race without pushing too hard. Lol. He’s a great young man and I’d be tickled if he got it with his bow. He’s done said if he don’t kill it he hopes I do. He covers some ground been on him Monday-Wednesday and me Friday- Sunday for a few weeks, but all bets are off.

This is why I don’t burn my kitchen passes and good stands for opening day and 88-95 degree hunting. This stuff is what gets me fired up.

I WILL be rattling some mid day. But nothing after 4:00 because that’s their normal routine anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                My neighbor on the property I’m after “the blurr” on just text me that him and 2 other bucks were chasing a single doe now in a field about 1000-1500 yards to my north. He’s got lots of pics too, so it’s a strategic race without pushing too hard. Lol. He’s a great young man and I’d be tickled if he got it with his bow. He’s done said if he don’t kill it he hopes I do. He covers some ground been on him Monday-Wednesday and me Friday- Sunday for a few weeks, but all bets are off.

This is why I don’t burn my kitchen passes and good stands for opening day and 88-95 degree hunting. This stuff is what gets me fired up.

I WILL be rattling some mid day. But nothing after 4:00 because that’s their normal routine anyway.

Good luck!!

Comment

I hunted last Thursday through yesterday in southern Polk county. The only rut activity I saw was a young 4 point giving a doe with her fawn a hard time. Every doe I saw still had their babies with them. I saw three different young 8 points cruising but not chasing.
                  For me it was not a very good week as far as activity, but the deer I did see were between 10:00 and 1:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    That sucks but I got a chuckle thinking how you said you’d take the mature buck problems my dad had without the rifle problems. I hope I didn’t jinx you.

Hahaha in all honesty I’m glad it was a doe when I had this problem and not a big mature buck! The issue will be fix before next weekend though! Hopefully I didn’t burn my part of the woods with all that shooting hahahah

Comment

Dad hunted again this evening and said the action was dead. With all the chasing the last week or so it sounds like they may be locked down. Couple more days and they’ll bust open again.

Comment

Man I just got caught up with the thread... Pretty dang exciting day for you guys... I'm at least at my lease now... Gonna do a helicopter survey in the morning... Then supposed to blast off home to get ready for our Chandeleur Island fishin' trip, third try... That ain't lookin' too good tho... weather forecast for the Islands is nasty... may have to cancel AGAIN!! Lord just don't want me fishin' this year I guess... If it gets cancelled, I'll hunt Saturday morning, maybe even tomorrow evening... Need some freezer stuffers...

Good luck Y'all this weekend... Gonna be nice for you guys... Here in South Texas, not so much... supposed to get nasty down here...

Comment

It’s pouring debating to go or wait...

Comment

On this day 2013 and 2017 i killed...

Comment

I almost set this morning out but couldn’t quit thinking they would be moving good after the rain. Got in as soon as it slacked off, hopefully ol big will slip up!

Comment

Been raining hard since I’ve got in at 4:45 and was raining hard when i got up...ready for it to push through and see what gets on its feet

Comment

Working...
                                X