Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis around Lampasas

I have roughly 800 acres just 5 miles north of Lampasas, I've heard reports of Axis in the area but have never seen any, have y'all encountered any on your properties?

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewStatum View Post
      I have roughly 800 acres just 5 miles north of Lampasas, I've heard reports of Axis in the area but have never seen any, have y'all encountered any on your properties?
      Our lease is just a few miles out of town and in the past 30 years we have seen just a few. Just like one at a time kind of deal. Only been able to get one of them but he sure was delicious!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We see them from time to time but its because our landowner the the landowner across the county road raise ecotics and they get out from time to time.

Last year i was watching two young bucks in tbe feed pen and all of a sudden a dang zebra walked out with a red lechwe. Also had a Sable and an addax grazing around one of the property's windmills earlier this spring

Comment

if you have Lampasas river country you have a better chance to have axis. They run up and down that river.

Comment

The dogs I run are lacy/crossed with hound we work off lead it’s $250.00. Thanks guys

Comment

Axis around Lampasas

Gotcha, I've seen Antelope and Sika in the past two year, that's why i'm surprised I've yet to see any Axis. Also, i have had this property for 12 years with no sign of hogs, last year i was sitting in the blind and 20+ walked out on me, i talked with a game warden and he said other guys in the area are having similar problems, one guy had between 50-70 come out, which is hard to believe for the area, but i guess it's possible.

Comment

Gotcha, I've seen Antelope and Sika in the past two year, that's why i'm surprised I've yet to see any Axis. Also, i have had this property for 12 years with no sign of hogs, last year i was sitting in the blind and 20+ walked out on me, i talked with a game warden and he said other guys in the area are having similar problems, one guy had between 50-70 come out, which is hard to believe for the area, but i guess it's possible.
                Yeah we have hunted our place for just over 30 years . We never saw a single hog until about 8 or 10 years ago. We will see a couple and shoot them and then we're won't see anymore for a year or more. Right now we haven't seen a single one in 3 years

Comment

Any rain updates down that way?

Comment

Any rain updates down that way?
                    Raining right now and has been since yesterday afternoon. I havent looked in the gauge but Id bet four tenths or so.

Comment

Glad to hear it, we will take what we can get!

Comment

First hogs I’ve seen on my place in the four years I’ve hunted it. Hoping they stick around.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PROUDTEXAN View Post
                          First hogs I’ve seen on my place in the four years I’ve hunted it. Hoping they stick around.
                          Are you pretty close to town? Just curious because out of the very few hogs we have had on our place we've had a couple that were spotted like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                            Are you pretty close to town? Just curious because out of the very few hogs we have had on our place we've had a couple that were spotted like that.

I’m on CR 3210 right by Rumley. I’ve seen them several times crossing the road on my way out in the mornings about a 1/4 mile up from my place, just never on my place. I think the drought moved them my way. The creek south of me is dry and a lot of the river is as well.

Comment

Yeah I bet it has moved them around a lot. Our little creek has been dry for a while now and our pond is too. Still have the cattle troughs filled up but that's the only water on our place. Our landowner has a little bit of land on sulphur creek that's about half a mile from the main property but I've never seen any sign of hogs over there at all. Not sure why we dont get covered up with them when most everybody else is. I love shooting them but hate the destruction they cause when they are around

Comment

Went down this weekend to check cameras and feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X