Project Container Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
    Hope I didn't miss it but did you mention how much you got the containers for?

Weather tight 45' High Cube (9'-6" tall) can be had for $1900 ea.

The High Cube allows you to frame a full 8' wall and have room for R-19 on top of rafters and run plumbing and electrical over rafters under the insulation.

Comment

Where are you getting them for that price?

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
        Where are you getting them for that price?

That cost was a year ago but I bet it hasn't changed much. I shopped hard and looked at lots of containers because I bought these 2 personally and 2 more for the shop and settled on Allstar Container for all. I found cheaper and I found better but I felt he offered the best over all value on a true weather tight container.

281-827-6750 Beltway 8 and 59 north in Houston

Comment

Great Famliy Project

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Great stuff. The whole family involved makes it even better!

That is our SOP. We do most everything ourself, takes a long time but we do it.

I was dead set these were moving spring break so I wound up hiring the electric rough in, other than that I had 2 buddies help me lift the long beams across the big opening and EVERYTHING else has been done by 1 of the 4 of us.

Built my shop and living quarters the same way but then it was just 2 of us and a couple of rug rats

Comment

I'm digging it! We looked hard at this route after the fire but after working out of conexs for three years I didn't want to go home too some!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                That is our SOP. We do most everything ourself, takes a long time but we do it.
                Yeah but in a few years them boys will be sitting around the fire looking at that camp and say, remember when we built all this with mom and dad.

Tons more self accomplishment in the DIY stuff

Comment

Wow very impressive! I can't wait to see the inside when y'all get done!

Comment

Very nice....!!!

Comment

Man yall have done an incredible job! I'm truly impressed and slightly jealous haha, keep it up!

Comment

I have the baby brother to this...a lot smaller and mine is mobile. Glad I made it that way...lost my lease the next season after I finished it and had to move it off. I never got around to adding the bathroom addition, but it has running hot water and heating and cooling.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is top shelf right there B, you got a place that will be there for a while.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That's incredi but be sure and stop up those ends or you little buzzing buddies from the start will make nice cozy home underneath

Comment

Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X