Lots of triaxs for sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews SBXT...FTW!!!

I'm more of a set it and forget it guy. I find something that works and use the shiat out of it before moving onto something else.

Comment

I'll be able to afford one in another year. They are nice shooting bows. It seems like allot of Mathews guys and gals are always chasing the new shiny toy. My Z7 E is still my favorite bow.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
        X2! On that note though, I'm starting to get that new bow itch even though my 2008 DXT is still shooting as good today as it did when I bought it almost 11 years ago
        My DXT still serves me well and I don't need to try to keep up with the neighbors. I bought mine used about 10 or 11 years ago.

Comment

It may be time to buy a new bow. My last new bow was an 06 SB XT. It still kills and very well but might be time to buy my last bow. Just bought my last truck so...

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
            I know you're kidding but it aint the bow. They all kill. My bow is well over ten years old and it kills every time I squeeze and hold on a spot. Still shooting' about 285. Oh yea it's a Mathews but I couldn't give a rip. Just want a weapon that does the job I need it to do. When there is something significantly better, I'll be the first to spend $1,000 plus for one.
            Exactly. Is my Mathews Switchback no longer any good?

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
              My DXT still serves me well and I don't need to try to keep up with the neighbors. I bought mine used about 10 or 11 years ago.
              My big problem is I own a spare DXT that I bought used, in the case that this DXT gives up the ghost. I don't have a need to buy a new bow but I'm curious to know how the newer ones shoot by comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Exactly. Is my Mathews Switchback no longer any good?
                i know mine is. love it.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                  I agree but when the wife said sell your motorcycle and you can buy a new bow, I did. The Triax will be mine for a long time, or until in want another motorcycle. Joking aside the the Triax is the best bow I've owned and will for a long time. Got kiddos to raise so my deer money has dwindled quit a bit.
                  Don't sell your triax before checking with the wife first. She might change her mind about letting you have another motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                    My big problem is I own a spare DXT that I bought used, in the case that this DXT gives up the ghost. I don't have a need to buy a new bow but I'm curious to know how the newer ones shoot by comparison
                    IMO, the difference in a 10 year old bow and what's available today is going to be very noticeable and could probably be worth the upgrade but the change from year to year is so insignificant that I can't justify the expense. Used archery tackle is also very hard to re-sell and re-coup much of the initial investment. I've always felt that archers are much like bass chasers (been there, done that too) the newest, fanciest, shiniest, best advertised must be better, huh?

Comment

People realize they bought a 28" axle to axle bow...dang marketing got them.

Comment

my z7 has done everthing a bow should do but I kind of have a itch for a new one. I don't know if there is a better one out there

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          It may be time to buy a new bow. My last new bow was an 06 SB XT. It still kills and very well but might be time to buy my last bow. Just bought my last truck so...
                          Technology can advance so darn fast. I think there's probably minimal difference between bows that are only a few years old. However, I pulled back on a 2016 bow and it was buttery smooth compared to my SBXT. Significant difference from my 8-10yr old bow.

If and when I decide to upgrade it'll be out of curiosity not necessity.

Comment

Lots of triaxs for sale...

Originally posted by Miller View Post

I think it’s split.

I don’t think that is as many as some people think. That bow just hit a sweet spot especially on the East side of the country. And it surprised people that it really didn’t shoot like a 28” ATA of bows past. I think a lot of people realized that sub 30 the compact rig was perfect for what they wanted. That bow also changed the how quiet can a bow be metric.

Then agree a lot succumbed to Mathews marketing.

So if you bought a Triax but the ATA always bothered you just because, the Traverse and Vertix brought longer ATAs with same or better quietness. I’m curious how the 5 does for short draw shooters, it maybe the unsung practical hero.

^ yes I love Mathews, and I can admit it. Plenty of other good bows out there also without their names in them.

Comment

Anyone upgrade your Triax grips ?

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                                My marketable malleable mind shoots dots at 100 with my 28 inches.

Comment

Working...
                                X