Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
    We both got drawn for late rifle I’ll be out there next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Good luck. Keep us updated on his hunt too

Comment

Will do
      He’s feeling pretty confident after this morning.
      He’s third generation coues hunter in this area and they’ve killed some monsters over the years

Comment

Congrats to wife, and good luck on the hunt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another piece of gear is my garmin InReach. The old model I had was stolen out of my truck so I upgraded to this bad boy. Now I can long for Sext with my wife from Arizona? [emoji23]

Comment

3 days left for my hunt.
            I could leave now with an empty cooler and be completely satisfied.
            It’s been an amazing experience so far and I’m officially hooked

Comment

3 days left for my hunt.
              I could leave now with an empty cooler and be completely satisfied.
              It’s been an amazing experience so far and I’m officially hooked

Have y’all seen many deer?

Comment

We’re averaging about 20 a day
                Mostly doe and dinks.
                I put a long stalk on a shooter this evening but but he kept filtering up a draw and I ran out of light. I’m pretty sure it’s the same deer I saw yesterday so he’s the plan for tomorrow.

Comment

Rut is definitely not in full swing

Comment

Rut is definitely not in full swing

Is the area you guys are in all coues or are there some mule deer mixed in??

Comment

There are some muley mixed in but by far the majority have been coues.
                      I would’ve been satisfied seeing 2-3 coues a day, it’s baffling how many we’ve been able to find

Comment

There are some muley mixed in but by far the majority have been coues.
                        I would’ve been satisfied seeing 2-3 coues a day, it’s baffling how many we’ve been able to find

Nice man. Get one killed over the next few days and keep us updated. We are pretty much ready to go.. Ill start posting Gear list and stuff next week..

Comment

PM me unit you’ll be in and I’ll pick my buddy’s brain
                          He lives and breathes coues

Comment

Just saw this thread !!! Subscribed. We are going in Jan. of next year. Done a lot of backpack hunting out west but never in Arizona. A archery backpack hunt for mule deer/coues is gonna be fun. My only concern so far on my research is finding water !!!

Good luck on your hunt !!! Keep us updated !!

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                              Just saw this thread !!! Subscribed. We are going in Jan. of next year. Done a lot of backpack hunting out west but never in Arizona. A archery backpack hunt for mule deer/coues is gonna be fun. My only concern so far on my research is finding water !!!

Good luck on your hunt !!! Keep us updated !!
                              Ya alot of the areas out there your gonna be filtering cow pee..

On my elk hunt in 2017 in the Gila, I felt like truck camping kept me more mobile and helped me to check out a few different areas.. Plus as short as the days are in Jan there is quite a bit of time to kill in the evening. I wouldnt over look truck camping and covering ground next year..

We will have the ability to do both this trip.. We will hike in 1-5 miles every day and if we find a buck we want to kill that is 3-5 miles in we may backpack in.. I just cant wait to glass up some Deer!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                                Ya alot of the areas out there your gonna be filtering cow pee..

On my elk hunt in 2017 in the Gila, I felt like truck camping kept me more mobile and helped me to check out a few different areas.. Plus as short as the days are in Jan there is quite a bit of time to kill in the evening. I wouldnt over look truck camping and covering ground next year..

We will have the ability to do both this trip.. We will hike in 1-5 miles every day and if we find a buck we want to kill that is 3-5 miles in we may backpack in.. I just cant wait to glass up some Deer!!!!

That may be good idea. May do some 1-2 night backpack in hunts then if we don't see much, come out and move. That would help out water situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X