No announcement yet.

Processing a deer ..... awesome stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Ron from when I lived in WI. He has many great tutorals. A great guy and a strong advocate for bowhunters in that state. He was on a state CWD committee a couple years ago and missed an entire season of hunting due to obligations and meetings all over the state trying to get the lawmakers to reduce the "kill all deer" attitude in the CWD zone.

Comment

Great post! I've often wondered if how my Daddy taught me compared to what others did. Pretty close. I also use a Foodsaver and find it much better. One other thing I did was I went to Sam's and bought one of those plastic tables for around $30. That is my critter cleaning table. The plastic isn't much different from a large plastic cutting board. The surface is all cut up and scarred, but I sure like using it. Legs fold up for easy storage, and if the wife needs an extra table when guests are over, we just throw a tablecloth over it.

Comment

very kool

Comment

ttt. Very informational thread

Comment

Great thread

Comment

Good thread

Comment

Learned pretty much the same from my grandmother. My granddad would harvest and grandma would debone. Great tutorial.

Comment

Just what I needed. I always struggle with the front shoulders.

Comment

sweetr deal....very informative....i learned alot today just reading that!!...thanks for sharing

Comment

Makes me ashamed of some of the hack jobs i've done....

Comment

Some serious experts right there !

Comment

That's pretty awesome. Thanks

Comment

Thanks Blake was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by scottlangley View Post
                              Makes me ashamed of some of the hack jobs i've done....
                              Me, too! Thanks, Blake. I've always wondered about the shoulder cut. I made it a hack job of all hack job! Lol

I saved some pics. Thank you, again.

Comment

Careful with old Ron, AKA Racid Crabtree, he is a very talented guy and should be a great contributor of hunting and outdoor knowledge but he has a sick and dark side of him that I would hate to see play out here on the green screen. The following is a PM he sent to a member of another site where he joined up, stirred a lot of crap, made a lot of good people upset apparently all for a game he like to play:

From Rancid Crabtree:

"I’m going to let you in on something. This banning was all very scripted and frankly I’m a bit shocked its taking this long. Now I understand why, because the dullards that run this site can figure out how to do it. LOL I’m an admin on a site we created called “The House of the Banned Brothers” (HOBB). All of us used to be on the buckmasters site and a few others until we got banned. That’s when we started HOBB. For the last 5 or so years we have been roaming the web looking for decent hunting forums but along the way have encountered a lot of lame sites. Once we determine the site is not what we’re looking for, we seek to get banned and add another medal to our sig line over on HOBB.

If you recall a few weeks ago I changed my avatar and sig line here That was when I set in motion the plan to get banned.

“Club O’True Bstrds (level 7 dastardly) Working towards the rank of scoundrel.” (from my sig line)

Is not a random line of text. The folks watching this over on HOBB knew what it was about as they have been watching this. The more folks here I get all twisted up with rage, the better. (I know, its kind of a sick and silly thing but the web has gotten lame and this spices it up a bit) The hero shot is a screen capture telling us we have been banned. So are the threads created celebrating our banning. I’m expecting a doozy here once the dopes figure out how to ban me. Here are a few screen dumps from HOBB. (it’s a private site by invite only with a screening process and votes to add a new member)

Some of the guide lines are, you have to use the site for a few months (anybody can get banned in the first day by posting obscene crap) You have to get a few folks on the site to absolutely melt down and threaten to beat you up or kill you. (this site has been a gold mine for that stuff and many here have been very easy to manipulate into that) and you can’t ask to be banned. I’m expecting a few whooper celebration threads after the dummies here finally figure out how the admin features work on this site.

For the most part this site is funny and interesting but its not a hunting site or something I see a long term future in so its been pretty easy to get banned. ********, ****, **** and a few others have been some of the most rewarding trophies since they are so easy to manipulate and they really go overboard. Most of the others were pretty good Joes with a few dullards thrown in the mix. ****** on the other hand might be the weirdest broad I have come across. What a nut job she is. Somebody called her “***** the great” That was very fitting. That one has some issues.

Anyway, sorry to go into so much detail. Normally there isn’t all this time to PM folks to explain the process since bannings normally happen pretty fast. I will hang around until they get their heads out of their arses and figure out how their admin features work. I look forward to the "Rancid is gone" and "we showed him" celebration threads. Its been a hoot. You can let thse guy know they have been played once more time but wait until the celebration is well under way.

Ron "

Yep, he is real swell guy

Comment

Working...
                                X