This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
    someone start a recruiting thread. thats pc for get out with that rubbish.
    You'll find your way eventually, Go Maryland!

Comment

Terps baby. Wooooooooo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

This place is great

Comment

As one of the 3 or so Baylor fans on these threads (besides our favorite closet fan, BoB), I'll weigh in on what I've seen with the Bears this year.

Overall, improved but that's not saying a whole lot.

Defense - somewhere between "poor" and "awful". The line is "ok" but the backers and safeties have been nightmarish. I literally watched a linebacker take on a KSt. OL who was already engaged by a DL while the KST. back ran right by him untouched. It was inexplicable and surreal. Basically, plays that should go for 5 or less yards have regularly gone for long touchdowns. Corners are average at best when healthy which is rare.

Offense - average to good. The OL seems to be improving, which means they might climb to average by the end of the season. QB is fine - accurate on short and mid-range throws and mobile. Doing about as well as can be expected under the circumstances. RB's are decent when healthy. Receivers are good except when the ball hits them in the hands. Lots of great catches but also lots of easy drops.

Special teams - hot and cold. Always an adventure.

The only things that would surprise me this weekend would be a win or a close (within a TD) loss. Best case realistic scenario is hanging around until well into the 3rd quarter before wearing down or whatever. I actually think the betting line should at least be in the low 20s. Not a Debbie Downer (BoB), just being realistic.

I still like/support Coach Rhule for what that's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Heron View Post
            As one of the 3 or so Baylor fans on these threads (besides our favorite closet fan, BoB), I'll weigh in on what I've seen with the Bears this year.

Overall, improved but that's not saying a whole lot.

Defense - somewhere between "poor" and "awful". The line is "ok" but the backers and safeties have been nightmarish. I literally watched a linebacker take on a KSt. OL who was already engaged by a DL while the KST. back ran right by him untouched. It was inexplicable and surreal. Basically, plays that should go for 5 or less yards have regularly gone for long touchdowns. Corners are average at best when healthy which is rare.

Offense - average to good. The OL seems to be improving, which means they might climb to average by the end of the season. QB is fine - accurate on short and mid-range throws and mobile. Doing about as well as can be expected under the circumstances. RB's are decent when healthy. Receivers are good except when the ball hits them in the hands. Lots of great catches but also lots of easy drops.

Special teams - hot and cold. Always an adventure.

The only things that would surprise me this weekend would be a win or a close (within a TD) loss. Best case realistic scenario is hanging around until well into the 3rd quarter before wearing down or whatever. I actually think the betting line should at least be in the low 20s. Not a Debbie Downer (BoB), just being realistic.

I still like/support Coach Rhule for what that's worth.
            Are you sure you aren't describing Texas the last five years (present year excluded)?

I feel your pain. If it can get turned around, I believe Rhule has as good a chance as anyone. And as you said, they are definitely better than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Heron View Post
              Receivers are good except when the ball hits them in the hands.

I laughed..

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
                their whole program.
                fify......

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I laughed..
                  If the season so far has been any indicator, you'll be entertained by a few drops this weekend. The color guys should have a "DOINK!" sound effect ready for added color.

Comment

Wow, KU fires Meachem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2018 College Football - Week 7

Perusing through the college football TV guide today and I came across this....

Texas vs Baylor.... 2:30pm on the main ESPN channel

Aggie vs South Carolina .... 2:30 pm on the SEC network

This is not how I was told it works on here...

Last edited by Smart; 10-10-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Wow, KU fires Meachem.

Oops is was thinking of Beaty.
                        Last edited by oktx; 10-10-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Meacham isn’t the problem at KU.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Meacham isn’t the problem at KU.

Scapegoat!

Comment

Hoping the Ags play well this weekend! gig em

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                **** I am old.... Teaff spoke at our athletic banquet at Smithson Valley High School in the mid 80s as well...
                                You just think you are old. I was a student at Angelo State when he was the coach

Comment

Working...
                                X