Polk and Hardin Co. Hunters thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    Ok I checked with Jeff aka Antler Collector and he has given a [emoji106]to a TBH get together Friday night before bow season opener.
    I got a hog I'm going to put on his pit hopefully we may have one or two more by then.
    Our camp is on FM 2798 couple miles north of Votaw.
    BYOB and chairs and any other food you feel like bring.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I will try to come by, the GTG sounds good. Only about 15 minutes away on a winding road. I will use that excuse for swerving.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
      I will try to come by, the GTG sounds good. Only about 15 minutes away on a winding road. I will use that excuse for swerving.
      Be good to meet some more good folks.

Comment

hardin county. I will be following this thread and hope to harvest one this year. Public land

Comment

First year in PolkCo for me. A few miles East of Livingston along 190

Comment

I thought I would post a few more videos I have of last years Hardin County Hoss. A little something to pass the time until y'all start posting trail cam pics.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I thought I would post a few more videos I have of last years Hardin County Hoss. A little something to pass the time until y'all start posting trail cam pics.

https://youtu.be/7i9pfqGarhI

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                Sure but you gotta bring the whiskey to the party ,[emoji106]

Evan Williams for everyone!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any one else get anything done on their hunting areas this weekend? I was able to get in a small “no till” hunting plot on my place in between showers. It rain a few hours after getting seed down. It was about as nasty and humid as it gets in Polk County!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    Any one else get anything done on their hunting areas this weekend? I was able to get in a small “no till” hunting plot on my place in between showers. It rain a few hours after getting seed down. It was about as nasty and humid as it gets in Polk County!

That rain will be the best thing for that seed. You’ll be knee deep in forage in no time!

Comment

We will try and plant this coming Saturday. We moved all our cameras to scrapes last trip. It’s still a touch early for that but I’m tired of looking at hogs

Comment

I'm in Hardin County, my lease borders Pin Ridge on the North side.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                          That rain will be the best thing for that seed. You’ll be knee deep in forage in no time!

No doubt. It could come up and toast when this system passes. It’s a small plo. I will wait for the bigger plots until last week in September. Been burned too many times. As hot as it is, all this ground moisture won’t last long.,

Comment

Had to run up to my place this afternoon to get some stuff I left behind accidentally this weekend . Figured I’d jump into my climber and see about harassing the group of pigs that seem to be driving all the deer off my land . This group came in about 6:50 . I put one through the big sow....thought I made an excellent hit . She went down for a second and then got up and ran. Searched until pitch dark but could not find her. I know it’s only a pig but ....

The rooters are thick in Polk County fellas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C034D800-8B71-4BD6-95FA-D38636FC5AED.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	24554346

Comment

Had to run up to my place this afternoon to get some stuff I left behind accidentally this weekend . Figured I’d jump into my climber and see about harassing the group of pigs that seem to be driving all the deer off my land . This group came in about 6:50 . I put one through the big sow....thought I made an excellent hit . She went down for a second and then got up and ran. Searched until pitch dark but could not find her. I know it’s only a pig but ....

The rooters are thick in Polk County fellas.
                              Hogs are as thick as ever on my Polk County lease. We had a guy that donated a LOT to our NWTF Montgomery County Chapter that went on a disappointing guided night hog hunt in South Texas. I took him to the lease last February for 2 days...he went home with 10 hogs in the cooler.

Comment

close to ya'll I am just outside Cleveland

Comment

Working...
                                X