No announcement yet.

Severe Drought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's officially dry when cows eat goatweeds and the bark off of cedar posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      I dont have cedars but lots of Hackberry and China Berry, them dang things can all die off.
      Radar, deer effin love China Berrys. Cut you a bunch of berries and pile them in front of a cam, you can thank me later

Comment

It’s dry here, but not 2011 dry. I lost half my white oaks in 2011, some of them were probably 75 years old.

Comment

We have a place in Nixon with some cattle on it been havin to haul water for a month or so now. My mom found a dead rattlesnake a day or two ago she thinks it’s so dry the snake died from dehydration!!! I don’t know about that one but it’s sure gettin ad.

Comment

Caught some catfish the other day and they all had ticks.

Comment

No rain across the river in 3 months. After a stellar spring it's turned into a powder house, and our brush is starting to wilt.

Comment

2011 was way worse.

Comment

2011 was worse but only by a few months. Getting really serious in Mills county.

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                    I just bought a place on Hondo creek last month. Property is extremely dry and deer are in very poor condition. The creek is still flowing along my property so I assume it only gets deeper in a normal year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Congrats on your purchase. Nice you still have water, I’m gonna create a bigger hole starting after season. You ever need help with anything let me know.

Comment

Extremely dry here in southern Gonzales county. Can't remember the last time we had a rain to fill any tanks but even during Noah's flood we only had 3/4s of an inch.

Comment

If you're saying worse than '11...well, I surely feel for you all. I didn't think it could be worse than '11.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                          If you're saying worse than '11...well, I surely feel for you all. I didn't think it could be worse than '11.
                          We are only 2.5 " from 2011.. 2.75" less and we would be worse than 2011 by .25"...

And NO real relief in sight.. I'm way past being seriously concerned..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            We are only 2.5 " from 2011.. 2.75" less and we would be worse than 2011 by .25"...

And NO real relief in sight.. I'm way past being seriously concerned..

So it’s not as bad? [emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

Bucks will be on the feeders late season after the rut.

Comment

Deer will need lots of protein this winter and spring just to survive. JMO!

Comment

Working...
                                X