X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upright. Less space, less digging.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got a 9 cuft chest freezer at Sam’s for $249. It’s not overloaded yet, and don’t really expect it to be since we already have two full sized fridge/freezer combos in he house. This one is mainly for overflow and animals until dropped off at the taxidermist. So far, we are happy with it. Our Sam’s had about 8 of this size in stock, and about 10 of the smaller ones in stock (5 cuft).

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
        If you get a chest freezer it ends up at the bottom. Upright the last thing you put in is the first thing to fall out!
        😂😂 truth!!!

Whichever you choose OP get it now before another shutdown happens... Lowe’s has decent inventory.

Comment

Up... Right...

Comment

Chest freezer are like a woman's purse. Jumbled mess, and the 1 thing you need out of it all is ALWAYS hidden on the bottom somewhere. They suck. Get an upright.

Comment

I have both, really like the upright

Comment

good luck finding one. Covid hoarders snatch them all up. I wanted a common small chest freezer and had to order it from Sears online.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  Have always had a chest freezer, but everything always got lost at the bottom. Luckily mine went out and I got an upright. Much better
                  X2

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Hard to get a deer head in a upright freezer
                    I had 4 heads in my upright until last Saturday when 3 were sent off for Euro mounts, still have the head for my wide 7 point from this year that I’ll be taking in for a shoulder mount soon. Just have to get one that has moveable shelving.

And +1 on what several others said about chest freezers. We bought our upright before the chest freezer went out and then put that one out on the curb. My wife is short and she couldn’t reach anything that was in the bottom so it didn’t take much to convince her on the purchase.

Comment

I have an upright at home, way easier to keep organized. We have 2 chest freezers at lease, one to keep bags of ice in and the other for heads, they work great fore that. It depends what you are going to use it for.

Comment

Chest. I walked out into the garage one morning to find the lid to our chest freezer wide open. My wife had forgotten to close it twelve hours earlier when she put away the ice cream. Everything was still solidly frozen. Had that been an upright, I don't think that would have been the case. Remember that heat rises and cold falls. In an upright freezer with the door left open, the cold air will flow out of the bottom and be replaced with warm air. I had an upright with a half a beef in it where the door was left cracked just a bit. By the time I noticed it the next day, all of the meat was semi thawed to thawed.

Comment

Use something like milk crates to organize the chest freezer. Go really organized and make a list as you put stuff in and mark what comes out. This isn't to big a pain and you know what you have and don't lose stuff in the bottom.

Comment

Upright is my choice every time. Had a chest freezer. Same reason as others have stated on why a chest isn't a better choice. Pic of mine. 3 deer in this one. 2 whitetail (sausage and a few lbs of hamburger) 1 Axis (All hamburger). The door also has meat in it as well.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Like the above 2 posts, I have a chest freezer and being OCD, I keep it organized. The new ones come with plastic dividers that make it easier. I chose the chest freezer because of it going in my garage, it take less energy to keep it cold. If the power goes out, it's better sealed and meat will keep for a few extra days.
                              Right next to it I have an upright freezer/fridge. Rarely use the freezer part - I started keeping frozen bottles of water in it to keep it cold. The fridge side is full of beer and cokes.

However, looking at HunterU's post, I will consider an upright when the chest freezer quits (and becomes storage for corn!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                                Like the above 2 posts, I have a chest freezer and being OCD, I keep it organized. The new ones come with plastic dividers that make it easier. I chose the chest freezer because of it going in my garage, it take less energy to keep it cold. If the power goes out, it's better sealed and meat will keep for a few extra days.
                                Right next to it I have an upright freezer/fridge. Rarely use the freezer part - I started keeping frozen bottles of water in it to keep it cold. The fridge side is full of beer and cokes.

However, looking at HunterU's post, I will consider an upright when the chest freezer quits (and becomes storage for corn!)

As far as seal goes. When I shut mine. It creates a vacuum. I have to wait a few seconds once I shut it to re-open it because of this. I believe I paid around $750 for this one at Lowes

Comment

Working...
                                X