No announcement yet.

New handgun for the ladies in my life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my wife a S&W hammerless 38 special about 10 years ago for her birthday and its still her favorite. She either carry’s that or a Ruger 380 but she’s much more comfortable with the S&W.

Comment

I was started off on a pellet pistol. Worked for me.

Comment

My fav pistol is my Delta Elite 10mm but I would not start a beginning shooter with a 10.
        My S&W 640 hammerless is a close second.
        Never cared for the feel of a plastic Glock.
        No pink guns either, yuck!!!

Comment

I’m on the look for something as well, my wife had a Ruger LC9 but kept it in the safe. We went and got the LTC and she qualified with my Glock 34. She liked the bigger frame. She shot the Glock 43X, Glock 34 and Smith and Wesson M&P Shield in .40. She like that smaller guns but was more accurate with the 34 I’m thinking because the wider frame and better trigger. But I’m looking for something for her now too thinking either Glock 19 or Sig 365

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May have been mentioned but
            Sig 238 ... .380
            Sig 938... 9mm

My wife has the 238
            My daughter in law has the 938
            They love em

Comment

SW 9mm EZ

Comment

Start with a 22 and work your way up

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                  My wife and one daughter who shoot occasionally can handle and enjoy shooting a Glock 19...not so much a Glock 43.

Neither can reliably work the slide on either gun though.

They both like and are comfortable with 22 revolvers and pistols. I would definitely start with a 22. Something like a Ruger sr22 or S&W MP.
                  Someone makes a loop type attachment for the back of the slide. You can hook your fingers in it, I’m told it’s a lot easier to rack the slide. I think it’s called a brass stacker.

Comment

My wife carries a Glock 37 and both of my older girls each got a Glock 36 when they went off to college. My two teenage girls shoot a Sig Mosquito .22 to gain confidence and experience. I like the simplicity of a Glock and my wife and older girls are very comfortable with them. I pocket carry a 42.

Comment

Try them all and then buy either a Sig 238 or the 938. The slide is easy to work and you won't find a more accurate pistol for the money. Thank me later. LOL

By the way, my daughter carries a Glock 26.

Comment

My wife loves her S&W Model 66 in .357 (mostly she shoots 38Spl in it).
                        6 inch barrel is rather hard to conceal, but she is spot-on accurate with it !
                        Remember that a heavier pistol will absorb more recoil (and less recoil is more better per my girl).

Comment

I am surprised no one suggested a G2c or the newer G3C. Some good reviews on youtube, and the prices make them an even better deal. They are only available in 9mm but practically all gun shops have them in stock. Go look and handle them and read the reviews on the ytube.

Comment

Glock 26 9mm is a subcompact and fits nicely in smaller hands. Still has stopping power and has a doublestack mag so it holds 10+1 if she is interested in carrying. And you know Glocks so you know what you're getting

Comment

Originally posted by KSU_Wildcat View Post
                              Glock 26 9mm is a subcompact and fits nicely in smaller hands. Still has stopping power and has a doublestack mag so it holds 10+1 if she is interested in carrying. And you know Glocks so you know what you're getting
                              X2

Comment

My wife carries the 365. She handled them all and it fit her hand the best. I have a friend who's wife had a sccy 9. It was in her console of her car and rusted shut from the east texas humidity. We still can't get it open.

Comment

Working...
                                X