No announcement yet.

SETx rut report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have been locked down since Tuesday here in Trinity County. Had two shooters patterned for my brother and nephew for their return Wednesday and everything vanished Tuesday. Nothing on cams or seen in person. Managed to spot a jumbo bobcat yesterday afternoon though. Not even does on cams. Almost as if they completely vanished from the county...

I’m not 100% sure its lockdown or just post rut activity and pics start back up in a few days. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a young 8 locked down on a doe this morning. Wouldn’t leave her side

Comment

Saw a young 8 this evening about 5pm. By himself, just cruising. Learned the other day one of our up and comers was whacked by a gun hunter. Young 10pt...barely legal.

Comment

Leon Co rut started? Ending?

Comment

Well, bucks are chasing on our lease. Had a young buck follow me to my stand(Evercalm on my boots). A doe came in after him and I got on the board with her.

Comment

Saw 2 little bucks cruising in San augustine county today.
              Only doe I saw had hocks white as snow

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw 2 chasing today in Newton county. 1 young buck and a big bodied buck but i couldn't tell if he was legal on the spread due to the thick brush.

Comment

Saw 2 different bucks(mature) locked down on doe in the middle of plowed fields just west of Bay City this weekend...

Comment

Hunted my newton lease this afternoon in a spot where we normally never blank.....I didn't see squat. I just knew it was going to happen after my buddy in our Jasper county lease killed 2 this morning. After the hunt I checked the cam on that stand and it's been real slow the last few days so maybe they are locked down with their girlfriends. Did find a young buck broke completely broke off on one side though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Just FYI, the doe I shot yesterday, her tarsal glands were very dark and nasty!

Actually when she came in I thought she was a buck, sounded like she was working a scrape, then she came walking in. Waited a couple of minutes, didn't hear anything coming in behind her.

Lease members are getting a lot of chasing pics.

I know a lot of yall say the 7th 8th and 9th are the best days for the rut, but typically on this lease its this week of the 17th is usually the best. Do not know why the difference.

Comment

I just caught one of our doe slumming around with a buck I don't know.....we have better bucks she could have chose!

Comment

Well now, there is proof of the rut.

Iwas just about to post that activity had went to zero.

Comment

Well, one more little flurry to come, right around Thanksgiving. Since the 14th-17th, aint much movement being reported. I did see a buck driving in at 0930 this AM.

Comment

Yesterday I hunted a pipeline that cuts a strip of hardwoods in half. Saw a huge bodied buck in the fog I could make out his bases but couldn't tell how wide he was before he slipped back into the woods then cut across fast again. Ended up watching a doe work a licking branch. Around 11 I poured out some hand corn and they were on it when I walked in a 3. I had to belly crawl to my stool. It was a pretty nice 6 point, probably 3 years old and a doe. She got skittish and left so I watched him for another 30 minutes bit so before he slipped off to my north. Later the same doe or another doe popped out and fed until dark. About 45 minutes before dark a younger buck joined her for the rest of the evening. This morning we had deer all over the hand corn on camera but out of 4 of us hunting this evening we only saw 2 doe. Judging by the hunts and cams the last 2 mornings had more movement than evenings.

Comment

I had a mature 8, young 6, 2 does, and 2 fawns all feeding within 20-30 yards of each other for over an hour last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X