No announcement yet.

New handgun for the ladies in my life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig P365 for the win! If she's uncomfortable with not having a safety they make a version with one. My wife carries a S&W Bodyguard in .380 and that little dude is snappy but I do like that its DAO.

Comment

My wife enjoys her Glock 19 (9mm), the adjustable grip is nice.

Comment

Might look at the Ruger gp100, 10 shot double action .22. Would make a good gun to have even once ( if) they “ upgrade”.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
          I saw these the other day for sale, are they good guns? I honestly had never heard of them.
          Some folks like them, I'd rather have a Hi Point if that tells you anything.

Comment

SW MP Shield EZ .380 all the way. We have 3 one for each daughter & wife. They are in every vehicle including mine, that way what ever the girls drive its the same weapon that they are all familar with.... trust me you cant go wrong with one of these, heck I even like shooting the lil thing

Comment

One of the small single stack glocks or the CW9

Comment

My wife loves her Baby Eagle by Desert Eagle (Mag Research) in 9mm.

Comment

My wife shot my P365, a hellcat, an XD subcompact 9mm, a Shield 9mm and a whole host of 380s. She liked the P365 and the Hellcat but she could not rack them to save her life. She shot the EZ Shield 380, the Glock 43 9mm and Glock 42 380.....and fell in love with the 42. She could rack all three of them.....and said the EZShield was too big and had too much stuff going on with it. She didn't hate it but she wanted something a little smaller. She liked the 43 but loved the 42 because she shot it more comfortably. I figured, its your gun, I will buy what you want and what you will carry but you have to promise me you will carry it when you get your CHL. I know there are a bunch of he-man 380 haters but I want her to carry it versus leave it at home. Maybe after a little more range time she might step up to a 43 but for now, the 42 it is.. Now we are doing some mods.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RenderedImage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	24637804
                  Last edited by Smart; 11-19-2020, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                    SW MP Shield EZ .380 all the way. We have 3 one for each daughter & wife. They are in every vehicle including mine, that way what ever the girls drive its the same weapon that they are all familar with.... trust me you cant go wrong with one of these, heck I even like shooting the lil thing
                    It now comes in 9mm and has caught my eye do to the action being EZ to rack a round into the chamber.

Comment

Revolver 38

Comment

M&P EZ, my girlfriend and my mom both have one. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You never know! Between myself and 2 sons we have quite a selection without even considering friends. My dil had quite a selection to sample through to find a favored weapon, she finally settled on one, all 4'1" of her liked the .357 sig above all the others.

Comment

Originally posted by gvanwage View Post
                            I have two young daughters who I would like to raise into shooters and my wife has been talking a lot about shooting recently so I would like to strike while the iron is hot! I am a Glock guy and all I own are a 45ACP and 40S&W which naturally my wife says are too big for her hand. I don't know much about smaller handguns in the market or good calibers for women, Im guessing 9mm and lower... give me some suggestions please!
                            It really depends on the type of shooting they want to do. For casual target punching really anything they feel fits their hand well will work. If they wanted to get into something like competitive shooting then you will want something near full size like a glock 19 or similar. I see you're in Prosper so if they wanted to get into USPSA competition there are lots of matches local to you. Teaching the basics and properly gripping a pistol makes you understand which gun fits you well. I know lots of small framed adults and kids that shoot full size guns with no issue because they know how to grip a pistol correctly.

Comment

My daughter started with a Springfield XD 9. Didn’t shoot it worth a flip. One day she tried a Kimber .45 ACP I had out and it was a night and day difference. She absolutely fell in love with the 1911. Bought her a Ed Brown Custom and she is pretty impressive with it being a small framed girl under 100 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                My wife shot my P365, a hellcat, an XD subcompact 9mm, a Shield 9mm and a whole host of 380s. She liked the P365 and the Hellcat but she could not rack them to save her life. She shot the EZ Shield 380, the Glock 43 9mm and Glock 42 380.....and fell in love with the 42. She could rack all three of them.....and said the EZShield was too big and had too much stuff going on with it. She didn't hate it but she wanted something a little smaller. She liked the 43 but loved the 42 because she shot it more comfortably. I figured, its your gun, I will buy what you want and what you will carry but you have to promise me you will carry it when you get your CHL. I know there are a bunch of he-man 380 haters but I want her to carry it versus leave it at home. Maybe after a little more range time she might step up to a 43 but for now, the 42 it is.. Now we are doing some mods.

[ATTACH]1028838[/ATTACH]
                                My wife has this. Slick little gun

Comment

Working...
                                X