No announcement yet.

Toyo RT are junk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be a die hard Toyo and Nitto guy. I won't run anything but Wildpeak AT3W's anymore. I don't have anything against the others but the Falken is just as good or better for cheaper from my experience..
    They look good, are quiet, do great in mud and on wet roads, last forever, and are priced great. I had them on my last truck and will put them on the Toyota as soon as these factory Goodyear's wear out.

Comment

I had a set. Didn’t like them. Held up fine but they felt like I was all over the road. Slippery is what I would call it.

My buddy tells me he feels like that on his wranglers on his trail boss

Comment

I had the same experience with my Toyo R/T’s . Got rid of them at 18K miles.

Comment

For gravel roads cooper tires are the best ive found.

Cooper at3
          Cooper St maxx

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a set of toyo tires on a new car that I can’t wait to replace. I work for cooper and produce tires and I can tell you the rubber on my set of toyos is way to soft. Wear like crazy and will pick up any sharp object way to easily.

Comment

This last set of 35"x12.5" Nittos are going 80k+ miles and still have tread. Cheaper than the BFG all terrains and have held up just as good. Ill def buy another set.

Comment

Tires are tires (except cheap ranch tires that never seen any asphalt), it all depends on how you treat them, drive on gravel or rocky road, do a lot of hauling, better just rotated and kept under review For uneven wear
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-17-2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                  This last set of 35"x12.5" Nittos are going 80k+ miles and still have tread. Cheaper than the BFG all terrains and have held up just as good. Ill def buy another set.
                  Yep! I got about 65,000 out of my last set of ridge grapplers on a 3/4 ton and just put another set on

Comment

I get around 50k out of a set running 37” on a F250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We run bfg a/t and pathfinder 275/65/20 both get about 50-55 k per set , running around on
                      Every different types of road and terrain
                      Same goes for the oil guys, contractors , who all run every different types of brands
                      Spending about $1400 should get you 50,000 + from any brands ( unless abuse or defects)

Comment

I went from Nittos to Toyos on my last truck. Then, went back to Nittos. I didn’t care for the Toyo all terrains. They were not very good in mud. Never had them fall apart.

Comment

If you want aggressive tires that will not howl, ride well and will not cake up like most ATs in the mud go with the Cooper stt pro
                          Just put my second set on my f250 and I love them
                          Got 50k out of my last set which is dang good for a mid tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Love mine!! 37s on an F250. So far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              If you want aggressive tires that will not howl, ride well and will not cake up like most ATs in the mud go with the Cooper stt pro
                              Just put my second set on my f250 and I love them
                              Got 50k out of my last set which is dang good for a mid tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              I’ll 2nd this recommendation BUT, they will make some noise at least.

I’m currently sitting at just under 64k that are on my 2014 Ram 1500. I’ll definitely get 70k out of them wear wise which I easily find acceptable out of that kind of tire and will definitely be buying another set when necessary.

Comment

Had a set of Toyos replaced today. My pickup started pulling left real bad. Both fronts were separated bad. The rears were worn even but were close to worn out. Rotated every
                                10k-ish and not a lot of gravel roads. 30k and done on a 3/4 ton gas. I’ll never buy Toyo or Nitto again.

Comment

Working...
                                X