Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the only advantage of the carbon barrel is its lighter? and it look amazing ?

Comment

Robert,
      Just placed an order for my 1st custom rifle, tier1 in 300wm 24" barrel.
      I plan to reload 212gr eldx.
      Would I be better off specifying a longer freebore with the above bullets or should I stick with saami spec?

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter1 View Post
        Robert,
        Just placed an order for my 1st custom rifle, tier1 in 300wm 24" barrel.
        I plan to reload 212gr eldx.
        Would I be better off specifying a longer freebore with the above bullets or should I stick with saami spec?
        Standard SAAMI spec is "zero"freebore. I have seen plenty of folks running 215's in SAAMI chambers successfully. All factory loads will be set up to run in that chamber, so you can be confident it will work. That said, I do have a reamer set up with .187" freebore specifically for the heavies, but I can't guarantee it will work with an un-modified mag box.

Comment

Order submitted!!

Tier 2
          6.5 PRC
          24 In Barrel 1:8 Twist

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
            I ended up going with a 24" 1:8 twist on this build... I was really considering the 22" but didnt want to have to reload to get decent speed out of it right now.
            I went with the 24 inch despite having my mind made up that I wanted no more than 22. Garrett was pretty adimit about me going 24. Understand that’s optimal performance for that round so I went with it.

Comment

PRC next year

Comment

7mm PRC.....think I'll wait on it!
                150 gr ELD-x for deer and heavier stuff for bigger critters

Comment

On the 20” barrels what other choices are good that maintain velocity like the 7mm-08?

I like the 7mm-08. So if needing a 5th person I’d be in.

I want to go suppressed also. So the 20 inch sounds good.

Where go you look to see what calibers are available in 20 inch?

Comment

Also for Tier 2 builds where can you see the calibers and lengths available?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                      On the 20” barrels what other choices are good that maintain velocity like the 7mm-08?

I like the 7mm-08. So if needing a 5th person I’d be in.

I want to go suppressed also. So the 20 inch sounds good.

Where go you look to see what calibers are available in 20 inch?

I was in the same boat...I already have an APR 7-08 in a 20” with a can for my son. It is such a blast to shoot, that I decided I needed one for myself. I was planning on going 6.5 prc and having custom loads made, but was talked into a 6.5 creed (never thought I would ever say that, ha). For 20” I would personally go with 7-08 if I didn’t already have one. The tier 1 6.5 will be a fun shooter though. You could also go 308.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                        See post 228

pretty sure this is what I am going to order next week

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          Standard SAAMI spec is "zero"freebore. I have seen plenty of folks running 215's in SAAMI chambers successfully. All factory loads will be set up to run in that chamber, so you can be confident it will work. That said, I do have a reamer set up with .187" freebore specifically for the heavies, but I can't guarantee it will work with an un-modified mag box.
                          One of the guns I was hoping to order out of this build is a 300wm tier 1. my plan would be to shoot 215 out of it for some long range hunting. Are you thinking it probably won't work without an extended mag box? How long can you run in the stock one? Thanks!

Comment

Will most likely call tomorrow or Friday and order a 280ai since I’ve been kicking it around for several years now

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
                              7mm PRC.....think I'll wait on it!
                              150 gr ELD-x for deer and heavier stuff for bigger critters
                              Are you speculating or did you hear something solid?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                                Are you speculating or did you hear something solid?

Pure speculation....we already have the 6.5 and 300, so a 7mm is bound to happen. Especially since the 7 wsm seems to be dead or soon will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X