No announcement yet.

Semi proof COVID has been here months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy just said today that covid was rampant in Dec and Jan but they were far too slow recognizing it. If it was rampant in Italy it was here.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
      Thanks Steve. I don't know what a normal flu season numbers look like but that seems like a lot. I’m being lazy—do you know if we had disproportionally higher fatalities this past flu season as well? That more or less mimic a deadlier virus, possibly like COVID19?

Still trying to understand how we didn’t overload our healthcare system like these other areas of outbreak...
      Yes it was more deadly than normal and they knew it wasn't the flu

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Here is a link to the article GarGuy is talking about. It also has hot links in it that will direct you further to the CDC stats, and such.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/03/19/dangerous-curves/
        Thank you charlie

Comment

So maybe all the panic and hysteria was completely unnecessary after all? Dang. Who would've thought.....?

Comment

Interesting thread for sure. Going to follow this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              I was **** sure tested for flu. They stuck that **** swab so far back into my nasal thought I was gonna cry. Came back negative for Flu and strep. Just told Flu like virus. Every symptom described with Corna I experienced . Now I’m saying this thing hasn’t mutated but I dang sure not going to discount what I went through. 4 days of hell and 2-3 weeks off dry cough and having the crud... I will also add that the next few days I got several texts from him asking how I felt and if things got worse call him immediately now that he had never done before

Exactly the same thing with me. I’ve said this all along. I picked it up from a guy that I work with his wife is in healthcare and never had symptoms at all. He had the same symptoms I had plus diarrhea. I ended up going back to the dr for a second time and making them give me a steroid cause I was so weak couldn’t hardly move.

Comment

Same here day after Christmas I got sick felt worse and stranger than ever. Thought it was flu but it never escalated to high fever etc just felt drained and hurt all over plus a bad cough. My youngest son had it too, both took cold meds and albuterol for a week and it slowly passed. The whole time I kept telling my wife I don’t know what the heck Is wrong with me- Dr said no flu just called it upper respiratory infection

Comment

So will this be an annual reoccuring thing now like the flu? Or is this a one and done thing?
                  If its reoccuring...do we shut down the economy every spring?

Comment

I had similar symptoms to it in January, lasted 2 weeks. Flu test came back negative. They said they had a lot of cases like it then.

Comment

Just saw a report that over the last 3 months there are 21 million fewer mobile phone subscribers in China.
                      Wife was watching NTD News.

Comment

I know I just don’t go to the Dr over the sniffles. This bout was different and it felt like the flu... in 2008 I spent 3 weeks in bed for flu. This felt like that and reason I went at first signs. The difference in this one was the dry cough. Having asthma I had shortness of breath and used my inhaler more than normal. Blamed it on the cedar pollen

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                          Just saw a report that over the last 3 months there are 21 million fewer mobile phone subscribers in China.
                          Wife was watching NTD News.
                          That’s probably because the communist government pit in place a social credit score where if you say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing the gov. Will not allow you to do some things like travel or have a phone or internet

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            So will this be an annual reoccuring thing now like the flu? Or is this a one and done thing?
                            If its reoccuring...do we shut down the economy every spring?
                            Task Force Briefing today did make it sound like this will be a recurring illness but it was a pretty optimistic briefing. Sounded like the measures will be in place for future outbreaks. They talked a lot today about how the actual mortality rate is likely < 1% and not as deadly as originally reported.

Seems to me Trump is banking a bit on the drug combo for treatment. Also sounded like he has a date in mind for opening everything back up.

Honestly the briefing was pretty optimistic if you listened closely and trust the info. Sounds like they see light at the end of the tunnel, IMO.

Comment

My wife works for a major air carrier and has been working a project that took her to New York and Chicago in early February.

She came home very sick with fever, a cough, a sore throat, fatigued and the feeling of having and elephant sitting on her chest.

She went to the doctor and was tested for the flu and strep. Both came back negative. She came home and went to bed and then returned to the doctor three days later to get some meds and cough meds.

Two days later she was up and back to work just feeling a little fatigue.

She has had zero issues since and me nor any of our immediate family have had any signs of illness. Her best friend did get sick with the same symptoms a few days later after my wife and she is fine now!

Again, that was early February.

We are not sure what she had but we know it was not the flu or strep!

Comment

One thing I haven't read (granted I haven't specifically looked) is the comparison of how contagious COVID-19 is compared to say the flu. Does anyone know that data? How many people does one flu carrier typically infect versus one Corona carrier? Assuming the average is <1 for both otherwise everyone would eventually get it, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X