Texas hog hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas hog hunt

Had some friends fly down and join us on our annual Texas hog hunt.
    Pigs were scarce , well they are still in the brush eating acorns, so hunting was tough.
    One guy still out with the spouse this morning but our take is 5 hogs, 2 of them piglets, and most taken by myself and the spouse.
    Both boars were 84-85 lbs and the sow weighed in at 115 lbs.
    The rain didn't help our efforts and the brisk morning Thursday had activity slow as well.
    Some tasty pork headed back to Wyoming though, and a load of sausage from Fischer's and Hess Meats.
    Attached Files

Awesome job, looks like a good time.

Comment

nice, congrats

Comment

Good times

Comment

Third on looks like a grenade injury!!

Comment

Kill'em all! Congrats.

Comment

sweet!

Comment

He said the piglets charged him to within 20 ft after the sow was down, 6.5 prc I believe was the caliber. We salvaged half of that piglet.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  He said the piglets charged him to within 20 ft after the sow was down, 6.5 prc I believe was the caliber. We salvaged half of that piglet.
                  I doubt the piglets actually "charged" him. Once momma is down, they don't really don't know what to do or where to run!!!
                  Had a guy on our place couple weeks ago shot a momma and dropped her. He ended up shooting the piglets as well as they were running in circles!!

Comment

Absolutely, I should put "charged" in quotes.
                    The piglets circled back to momma 3 times but they could get a shot at the other 4. His shot was a frontal that traveled the length of the body and lodged in the back ham. Made some interesting damage all along the body.

Comment

Awesome job. Looks like a good time was had. Man we’ve had the piglets within kicking distance plenty at nighttime once we drop the sow. Last April I caught a couple piglets by hands after killing the sow. They ran off, only to return to mom 15 minutes later. I was still in the vicinity, and was able to snatch them up.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          Absolutely, I should put "charged" in quotes.
                          Awwww, it don't matter!!!
                          Makes it a better sounding story!!!!

Comment

nice hunt!

Comment

Working...
                            X