Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It woke me up in Richmond

Comment

Back when i worked for an Oil Service company, we used Watson Grinding to refinish and coat the chrome balls used in the our large 12" Ball Valves for offshore use. News is saying it was a Propylene tank that exploded. My current office is about a two miles away. Glad it happened early before too many folks were out and about and nobody at the shop was working at the time

Comment

News showed peoples houses that were racked from the explosion and the ceilings caving in. Drywall cracked everywhere in the house. That must have been a heck of an explosion. Prayers for everyone effected.

Comment

My office is off Clay @ 8. We had some ceiling tiles loose over my desk so I got to go home!!!

Local News and Information for Houston, Texas and surrounding areas. KHOU.com is the official website for KHOU-TV, your trusted source for breaking news, weather and sports in Houston, TX. KHOU.com
          Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 01-24-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

What are y'all hearing about air quality? I've got a co-worker whose parents live over there. She has her small baby with her today but wants to go check her parents house.

Comment

I'm a fairly heave sleeper and it woke me up. I live at Mason and Westpark tollway which is a pretty good ways from there. I thought something fell in the attic....

Comment

I was up when it happened and felt/heard it 8 miles away (by memorial park).

Comment

we send pump components there for grinding after coating -- we definitely lost some customer owned material in this mess.

We are just hoping that everyone is OK over there, heard there was one person missing earlier this morning. Could care less about parts, they're replaceable

Comment

Heard it, was confused whether I really heard something or if it was just my mind/a dream.

Comment

We live at Clay and Katy Hockley. Apparently it woke up some people there. I was on my way in at the time and didn't notice anything.

Comment

Hope that company has some good insurance.... they destroyed half of Houston.

Comment

we're in old town Katy and my wife heard it while she was getting ready for work....that's about 20 miles from the explosion....I saw one person was taken to the hospital, praying that there is no loss of life.

Comment

I just heard there were 2 killed in explosion.

Comment

Good drone video on Chronicle site:

Comment

Working...
                              X