12 preference points just disappeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 preference points just disappeared!

Points which I have been religiously accumulating for Gun Mule Deer just suddenly went away. And I am thrilled!

Elephant Mountain here we come!

Congrats. Should be a pretty awesome hunt. Looking forward to the hunt recap (or a live hunt).

I sure was hoping my preference points would go away today as well. No luck though.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

way to go man!!!!!!!!

Comment

At least I still have my 34 preference points and you have 0

Comment

Awesome!!!!! Congrats man

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              At least I still have my 34 preference points and you have 0
              Wow. I believe that's the most I've ever heard of anyone having in a category.

Comment

Congrats man! That is an awesome hunt! I went last year, and it was amazing! Best of luck to you!

Comment

Congrats. Good luck!

Comment

Steve is as excited about this hunt as I am. I hope the weather is nice. We have been drooling over pics taken from other hunts there and are eager to experience it first hand.

I applied for this hunt at the last minute. Truthfully, I just wanted the preference point. So I picked a hunt with few permits available and a high number of people applying. SURPRISE!

I am thrilled we were drawn and am ready for another new adventure.

On a side note. I shoot a 257 Roberts but Steve thinks I should take a larger caliber. I love my 257 and don't want to change. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
                      Steve is as excited about this hunt as I am. I hope the weather is nice. We have been drooling over pics taken from other hunts there and are eager to experience it first hand.

I applied for this hunt at the last minute. Truthfully, I just wanted the preference point. So I picked a hunt with few permits available and a high number of people applying. SURPRISE!

I am thrilled we were drawn and am ready for another new adventure.

On a side note. I shoot a 257 Roberts but Steve thinks I should take a larger caliber. I love my 257 and don't want to change. Thoughts?
                      I think you will be fine. Its all about quality projectile and shot placement anyways. I shot my mulie there with a 7mm-08 Nosler Partition. Dewey, the Biologist at Elephant Mountain, told me his favorite is 6.5 Creedmore

Comment

I think the 257 Roberts will be fine. Shoot what you know. Placement and bullet construction are everything for this size animal.

I seem to recall an old professional hunter that would shoot elephants with his 257 Roberts. All were good kills....except the last one.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

heck yes! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats man! Really hoping I don’t have to wait 12 years to get a mule deer hunt but the chances are few and far.

Comment

Working...
                              X