X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job BT, what time is the cook?

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
      The layers for you prime hunting honey holes failed to show up. Can you please correct or you can just PM me the file.
      Thanks in advance [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      There are no honey holes on LBJ. There are no deer on LBJ. It's one giant Superfund sight. Better stay away or you'll end up glowing in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
        There are no honey holes on LBJ. There are no deer on LBJ. It's one giant Superfund sight. Better stay away or you'll end up glowing in the dark.

You’re right, every time I go all I get is a bad case of chiggers and ticks. Parking areas are full of nails and mosquitoes are the size of small bats.

Comment

I did see one squirrle out there one time. Just one time. About 28 years ago. Or was it 32 years ago? (smh)

Comment

I remember that squirrel, he ate those red oak acorns off that one tree and grew an extra head. That was one mean squirrel. I remember we were out there one day testing for radioactive waste and he was barking at us...well, one head was barking at us and the other was chattering at its twin head constantly. We figured he grew an extra female head. No wonder he was in such a bad mood. Wonder whaterver happened to him? Word has it some hunter shot him with two barrels of no. 6. He got mad and bit the guy right there in the nethers. Guy grew an extra... well, it's a G rated forum so let's just say he grew a backup.

Comment

Did it look like this one?

That was the scaryest day of my life when I had to face it down!
              And yes, I'm kinda ... uh....gifted now.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-06-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

At least now I know I can forgo the three extra jock straps. Glad you memorialized that 'ol boy...er..girl..whaaa?

Comment

I'll be out scouting (section off CR2866 and another off CR1111) next Wednesday if anyone is around. I'll stop by and chat with the office in Decatur since I've never hunted on PHL. Hopefully between LBJ and Pat Mayse WMA i'll get something.

Comment

I scouted yesterday afternoon and it was hot, spiders were everywhere, and the grass was tall. I'm not sure I would consider it a success, because I didn't find a lot of signs of deer. I covered over 4 miles in two different sections and found very few tracks. I finally set up a camera when I came across an area that had several piles of deer poop. It didn't look fresh, but it was the most I had seen all day, and I actually ended up spooking a bedded doe not far from where I set up the camera. I also came across an abandoned Ameristep pop up blind that I'm sure was inhabited by snakes. I still have some other sections to scout and after covering so much ground and trails that when I come across an active area I will recognize it.

Comment

I need to get out there and put some cameras back up. I'm waiting for the weather to break first.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                        I need to get out there and put some cameras back up. I'm waiting for the weather to break first.
                        Waiting for the weather to cool a bit before going out to check mine.

Comment

Originally posted by basscats24 View Post
                          I scouted yesterday afternoon and it was hot, spiders were everywhere, and the grass was tall. I'm not sure I would consider it a success, because I didn't find a lot of signs of deer. I covered over 4 miles in two different sections and found very few tracks. I finally set up a camera when I came across an area that had several piles of deer poop. It didn't look fresh, but it was the most I had seen all day, and I actually ended up spooking a bedded doe not far from where I set up the camera. I also came across an abandoned Ameristep pop up blind that I'm sure was inhabited by snakes. I still have some other sections to scout and after covering so much ground and trails that when I come across an active area I will recognize it.

Did you kill all the spiders??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                            Did you kill all the spiders??

Happy to make it out alive!

Comment

I went out this past weekend and scouted. More spiders than I have ever seen in one place. I recommend carrying a spider stick lol. Did see quite a bit of deer sign and what looked like a whole bunch of hog sign. Had one deer blow at me on my way out of the first unit I looked at.

Saw some sign of hunters and a few trucks parked at some other units I was going to look at. Had to be dove hunters though. I'm guessing the dove hunting traffic will die down a bit when bow season starts. Anyone that can confirm/deny from past experience?

Comment

Yea I haven't run into many dove hunters come deer season. And I also highly recommend the spider stick as. I'm an outdoors guy but absolutely hate spiders, spider webs, bugs and snakes of all kinds.

Comment

Working...
                                X