Massie Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massie Bows

Years ago Jeff Massie sold his line of bows to Jim Belcher up in Michigan. Jim had his own line of bows. He also bought Sky Archery. He built Shrews for a while.
    I can’t remember the name of his company.

Now he is building bows under a new company https://bivouacbowco.com/meet-the-founders. They are not taking orders at this time.

The Long Horn is not listed as a bow he is building and it appears that Sky bows are being built by someone else.

Doe anyone know if anyone is currently building the Long Horn?

Thanks.

The only bow I regret selling . I bought his first 2 piece takedown longhorn . Still kick my self so selling it .

Comment

I bought a beautiful Osage/Bocote from Jeff about the year 2000. I sold it and regretted it. Ultimately I got it back about 6-7 years later and it is one I will never sell again. Over the years I owned about 8-10 longhorns but mine in the stable is my favorite.

Comment

Bighorns
        Massie
        21Century

All bows that should have never quit being built

Comment

If you think about it there are probably many great bowyers that have passed on without someone to carry the torch.
          Unfortunately not everyone has a child who will carry it on like Bob and Rob.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            If you think about it there are probably many great bowyers that have passed on without someone to carry the torch.
            Unfortunately not everyone has a child who will carry it on like Bob and Rob.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
            Yep but two of those were sold and the presses should be somewhere.

The third were supposedly lost in a fire and the bowyer has dropped off the side of the earth.

Comment

I have a Thunderstick (also no longer made) that is very similar to the longhorn. Actually, Massey/Morrison/Reynolds were all on the short list, Thunderstick won, for me.

Comment

Working...
              X