Bow blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    THAT is a GREAT design sir! I'm likely to steal some of your ideas! I have a couple old bow blinds I took down from our old lease that I need to rebuild. Think I'll use those utility panels instead of the welded wire I originally used. I already have the frames, just need to attach the panels.
    Good luck with it takin' out some porkers!
    Thanks Slick, I’m sure some hogs will die here.

Comment

Where did you get the frame for the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
        Where did you get the frame for the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I built it. It’s actually part of the blind itself. The panels are 16’ long, I just turned one into a circle to fit the roof and welded a piece of thin strap, (thin enough to bend easily), into the space I had left. One on top and one on the bottom. Angle iron welded perpendicularly on each side completed the frame. I shaped part of another panel to fit that space, shaped a couple short pieces of rod and welded them to the angle. They fit into a couple of tubes on the door to make hinges. I can lift the door up a few inches and it comes off. Here’s one of the rods.
        Attached Files

Comment

Post deleted, pic wouldn’t load
          Last edited by Drycreek3189; 09-10-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

You can see the angle iron on each side and the strap top and bottom. As I did this with no help, I put a ratchet strap around the whole thing and tightened it until the blind fit the roof since the roof and the platform was the starting point.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Drycreek3189; 09-10-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              I built it. It’s actually part of the blind itself. The panels are 16’ long, I just turned one into a circle to fit the roof and welded a piece of thin strap, (thin enough to bend easily), into the space I had left. One on top and one on the bottom. Angle iron welded perpendicularly on each side completed the frame. I shaped part of another panel to fit that space, shaped a couple short pieces of rod and welded them to the angle. They fit into a couple of tubes on the door to make hinges. I can lift the door up a few inches and it comes off. Here’s one of the rods.

Thank You!

Comment

Love this idea/setup! I'd be interested in seeing the door in place, if you've got the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
                  Love this idea/setup! I'd be interested in seeing the door in place, if you've got the pics.
                  I looked through my pics and I don’t have any of the door in place. This thread really wasn’t a build thread, I took the pics when I was recovering the blind and building the platform.

All these blinds were originally just sitting on the ground, but I got tired of sweeping for snakes and spiders each morning so I decided to put them all on platforms. They were all originally covered in black plastic also but that made them very hot for afternoon hunts. I decided about the best compromise for durability and comfort was indoor/outdoor carpet. It’s a lot quieter and somewhat cooler than the plastic.

I do have a platform pic, it’s not a finished pic, but you’ll get the gist. The bottom pic is the only one I have of the door hung on the blind.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I sure like your idea. You've really got me to thinking how I'm going to plan for the upcoming season.

Comment

Working...
                    X