Idiots on Lonestar Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonny_thunder View Post
    Sadly, they don't have much time to fish and hunt. Have a buddy that is one and during seasons, he is too busy following up on calls to get much hunting done or spend time with his family. It's a shame.
    The ones on our lease seem to have plenty of time.

Comment

Is everybody ignoring the fact that they called a game warden to watch them get a hog out of a trap in the first place??

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one, good grief, it's a cock roach with hooves, just squish the thing.

Comment

Or how about letting all the people without fishing licenses go with a warning and a book? Several times they have said they fished there all the time and didn't know. SMH

I was really ticked by the foreign national who got off with a warning AND got to keep the one legal fish he caught!

Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading and re-reading the book. Learning species and limits and trying my best to conserve the resource.

What kind of message does it sent to other law breakers when all most of them get is a warning and a friggin' book?

At least confiscate their gear or something! Anything to keep them from waiting until the warden is out of sight and carrying on with destroying our fisheries.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
            It’s on animal planet. They have to show some type of human helping animals with every episode. Now every GW I know gets calls for helping baby birds, lost fawns, and nuisance turtles.
            Because of all of the nurturing of wounded and orphaned animals on the show, it has created a barrage of additional phone calls for game wardens to have to deal with now
            Last edited by bowhuntingw; 05-16-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecrow View Post
              Is everybody ignoring the fact that they called a game warden to watch them get a hog out of a trap in the first place??
              Right. Just Pop the Pig and Pop the Top I say.

Comment

The thing than makes me scratch my head about that show is how the only way they ever seem to build a case is by getting the perps to confess. Not that I condone law breaking but if any of those folks would just shut up they'd nearly always get away with it.

Comment

was watching it with my 7yr old a few weeks back and during some Q/A with a suspect she comments "this one is kind of strange". I ask why ...... her response .... "they are actually telling the truth!"

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                    Because of all of the nurturing of wounded and orphaned animals on the show, it has created a barrage of additional phone calls for game wardens to have to deal with now
                    Thanks for posting this. I think you are the only GW that actually posts on these threads to provide input. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                      Thank you for posting. I still don’t see how we can be paying for resources to get rid of wild hogs and a law enforcement officer allows a purposely trapped hog to be tended to and released. According to my 12 year old son’s math - which I got a pretty good kick from, he said that one released hog could have 2 litters of up to 15 piglets this year. Those can reproduce after 6 months old so he figures that one released pig can result in about 400 pigs they just put back on our lands.

How can this be permitted, yet alone, legal?
                      Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 05-16-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I read that the state of Texas and Texas Parks and Wildlife were wanting to eradicate feral hogs and a lot of other non native species. Why in the hell would they release a feral hog, that goes against what they are telling everyone, needs to be done.

Comment

Come on guys, it’s a TV show. Ratings are what keeps it alive. Killing a pig in a trap would have the snowflakes screaming. I have to agree on the soft hand approach with the fishermen. More tickets and take their gear.

Comment

I agree it’s just a show with all the hype like any tv show.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                              Come on guys, it’s a TV show. Ratings are what keeps it alive. Killing a pig in a trap would have the snowflakes screaming. I have to agree on the soft hand approach with the fishermen. More tickets and take their gear.

Do you think the shows audience is really a bunch or snowflakes? I don't. I think their core audience is folks like TBH'ers.

Comment

GW actually did nothing. And pretty sure he didn’t even have to give LO permission to DR and keep hog. They wanted to be on TV. Hog will be butchered and eating after they feed her out.

Comment

Working...
                                X