Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life360 App

Anyone else use it?

I have it loaded on both my son's, my wife's and my phones. I think the feature I like the most are the "Places" you can save and then have Alert you when a family member arrives that Place or leaves that Place.

There is another feature that I turn on and off as needed and that is the Drive Detection. It will alert you when a family member has completed a Drive. It will provide you some useful information such as duration of the drive, top speed and I believe Aggressive Braking and Acceleration.

But by far my most enjoyable feature is the activity that follows the audible alert tone it makes when someone leaves or arrives at a saved Place. Our hair shedding, human tripping, scorpion eating, 24x7 snoring French Bulldog has learned that the Life360 Alert is associated with someone arriving at the house. He will be in a dead sleep and then the Life360 Alert goes off and he is up in a flash, trying to get traction on the hardwood floors, skidding around corners to make it to the door.
    Attached Files

I use it when hunting public lands. I typcially do not leave my location setting in the on position on my phone (I don't like Google & everyone else tracking my movements, hehe). But when hunting alone, I turn it on so my wife could find me if I fall out of a tree or get in a bind.

Also used it with a group of guys when we were squirrel hunting so we could see where each other were and did not end up on top of each other, worked pretty well for that.

When kids get driving age, I see it as a huge plus for that!!

Comment

Tucker misjudged a corner today, slid sideways and smacked right into the wall!

I've got to try to video this

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        I use it when hunting public lands. I typcially do not leave my location setting in the on position on my phone (I don't like Google & everyone else tracking my movements, hehe). But when hunting alone, I turn it on so my wife could find me if I fall out of a tree or get in a bind.

Also used it with a group of guys when we were squirrel hunting so we could see where each other were and did not end up on top of each other, worked pretty well for that.

When kids get driving age, I see it as a huge plus for that!!
        Yep! My wife is completely on board with this. I know she watches while I am pig hunting alone at night.

It is a HUGE plus for teenage driving. They know you are watching and can get real time info on what they've been up to. We aren't helicopter-ish with my driving age son but he knows we can get all of his driving details.

Comment

My wife & I use it to keep track of our 16yo. Great app and our dogs have the same reaction when the notification goes off.
          Attached Files

Comment

We love it for keeping up with our 16 year old daughter. Another thing is my wife could get lost going to the bathroom, so it comes in handy for that. When she is going somewhere and gets off the path I can call her and get her back in the right direction.

Comment

The doorbell has the same effect on my dog.

Will ck the app out. I just use the find my phone app.

Comment

We use it for our teenagers. THANK GOD THIS WAS NOT AROUND WHEN I WAS A KID!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                  My wife & I use it to keep track of our 16yo. Great app and our dogs have the same reaction when the notification goes off.
                  That's a LOT of dog to have barreling towards the door!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    x2

Comment

I’ll have to check it out
                      We’ve been using OurPact with my 15 yr old daughter
                      Has similar settings/alerts and I can control her apps/screen time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        x2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Been using the app for a few years. Very useful and yeah our dogs know when one of us is about to be home...

Comment

My kids like the app. They know when me or my wife leave work and they hustle to pick up the house and put dishes away in the last 5 minutes before we get home. Or they use it to see when we leave work and they head to their friends house before we get home.

I turned my location off so the kids wouldn't know when I'm coming home.

Comment

I put it on my phone last year before an out of state hunt. It's kind a creepy to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                              X