No announcement yet.

Lake Dunlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to cause the dam to give way?

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
      What happened to cause the dam to give way?
      The middle gate in the dam is missing......

Comment

Thanks for the heads up I just went to check it out. I live five minutes away and used to fish it regularly. Water is still going through the dam. I have a new appreciation for the stump field!

Comment

Originally posted by Zackme96 View Post
          Thanks for the heads up I just went to check it out. I live five minutes away and used to fish it regularly. Water is still going through the dam. I have a new appreciation for the stump field!
          pics man!!!!!!

Comment

I’m headed home to check it out. If anyone see’s someone cruising on a lifted orange golf cart, that’s me. Stop and say hi.

I’ll get some pics when I go down to the dock

Comment

In for pics..

Comment

I'm hearing rumors that the lake will be dry for 3 years. No money and two other dams needing repair ahead of this one.

Rumors fly when these things happen. I can't imagine it being dry that long.....

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                  I'm hearing rumors that the lake will be dry for 3 years. No money and two other dams needing repair ahead of this one.

Rumors fly when these things happen. I can't imagine it being dry that long.....

I sure hope not. Be interesting to see how it impacts McQueeney and also the rivers in NB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                    pics man!!!!!!
                    Only got a couple and there from the same point of view as the ones posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                      Yeah you can go ahead and file that one in the trash can.

Comment

They should be lining up equipment to dig it out and sell fill dirt/top soil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet if it affected the tubing and float rate on the Comal and that loss of revenue, the repair process would be going on now.

Comment

Wow, I lived down stream on Placid for years. Any word on how it’s affecting down stream?

Comment

Don't think there is much concern. No evacuations planned

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                                I bet if it affected the tubing and float rate on the Comal and that loss of revenue, the repair process would be going on now.

It should't, there is another dam just after where the Comal dumps into the Guadalupe. I hope they get Dunlap fixed soon as that is our primary Wakeboarding lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X