Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Cool!

Comment

New Mexico has both over the counter and draw tags. I know what you mean about not knowing where to go. We did this hunt before when I had a tag and spent three days hunting an area where we had realistically zero chance of seeing a sheep. You just have to cover a crap ton of area and be mobile to find these guys. Not to mention glassing. We had close to $3000 in optics on this hunt. All mounted on tripods. If your binos aren't on a tripod you are wasting your time

Comment

Congratulations and great story and pics. They are so fun to hunt and look BA when you finally spot one. Its almost surreal.

Comment

How long was that ram?

Comment

Heres one pic from the pack out. We got back a little after midnight. All of us had been out of water since about six. We didn't measure him real precisely but he was right at 21 inches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4533.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	24485895

Comment

Awesome hunt and thread. Thanks for sharing! Im leaving Thursday for the Davis Mountains to chase them.

Comment

awesome congrats

Comment

Awesome story...congrats to the crew!

Comment

Awesome write up! Congrats

Comment

Very nice, at age 75 and not in best of shape, guess I will have to pass.

Comment

Can you give more info on the deboning bag?
                        Nice hunt and ram!

Comment

Pretty awesome. Hope to do a hunt like this one day

Comment

Swampranger-hope you get lots of cactus quills and a big sheep!

Grizzly-There are other deboned game bags out there but none of them are exactly what i wanted. The idea is that the bag is breathable and non stretching so when you cut all the meat off the animal and put it in a bag it will hold its shape, protect from dirt and bugs, and allow the meat to cool. You dont end up with a sack with all the meat clumped in the bottom. These hold 45 pounds of meat each and the set i pack around is 5 bags so i can handle anything up to an elk. A set weighs less than 8 ounces. I make them bright colors with one black bag so you know which bag has your tag and proof of sex. Also the draw cord is 275 reflective paracord so you can spot them from a mile away in the dark and theres zero chance of breaking.

Comment

What do u charge for a set?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I really havent sold any but I've been giving them to friends. I set up a little shop online with intentions of eventually selling some but havent really promoted them. I just know it would have made my life a lot easier if I had something like this years ago. Ill never try to carry two whole elk quarters and almost kill myself again. Anyone who is interested can get more info here:
                                Find the perfect handmade gift, vintage & on-trend clothes, unique jewelry, and more… lots more.

Or follow my instagram page: @backcountryborne (I just started it so nothing too exciting yet). Hopefully this thread hasnt gotten too far off topic. There are other well known bags out there too. Ive never used any others but Im sure they are legit. I encourage anyone backpack hunting to try some.

Use code "Texasbowhunter" for $10 off if you want to try some.

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X