Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick one high percentage big bass lake in Texas to fish for a week….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could pick one high percentage big bass lake in Texas to fish for a week….

Which one would you choose? My son and I had issues with our Africa trip again, once again because of Covid, and I hAve a lot of vacation time built up. I told him we would go do something fun, and one of the ideas we are throwing around just taking our new bass boat down to Texas and chasing big fish for a week. If you had a week to fish, and wanting to catch a lot of bass with the opportunity for a longer or two in there, where would you go?

Lake O.H. Ivie has been on fire again this year, with sharelunkers.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

probably lake fork at least for me,,,, although it's not "known" as a big bass lake, i would love to fish Caddo lake again also

Comment

Fork, but be careful it’s filled with stumps and the water is low. Could be real easy to tear up a new boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why texas?

Why not alabama?

Comment

This time of year is hot. Not hot as in catching, just HOT. Last two weekends, the heat ran me off the water by noon. I've never fished Ivie but I hear its got some big'uns in it. Fork is still the GOAT lake for now.

Comment

When has a lot to do with where I would suggest.

If you wait until it starts cooling off Choke Canyon would be high on my list. Lots of fish with chance at a big one.

East Texas is nice because you have so many options. Small lakes, big lakes, off shore structure lakes, grass lakes etc.

If you are wanting to come soon get here before August. August can really suck down here. The fish have been beat up all summer and they start to suspend a lot. And it is going to be hot.

If you just want to hunt a giant and you have livescope or equivalent, wait until Jan/Feb and fish OH Ivey or sleeper pick Possum Kingdom.

Comment

Coming from Colorado?

Allen Henry has some big fish in it. As mentioned it's hot and your beat bet at a double digit has passed. Come next spring.

Comment

night fishing lake fork but like mayhem said water is low and if you don't know the lake it's not one you would want to run with all the stumps in it.

Comment

This will be a summer trip like in the next few weeks since we got screwed out of Africa. And to answer the question about why Texas and not Alabama, Texas is a hell of a lot closer lol

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                      And to answer the question about why Texas and not Alabama, Texas is a hell of a lot closer lol
                      LOL...I get it.

If it was me Id do a couple days on fork and move the rayburn. Or rayburn then t-bend. Both T-bend and big sam are beautiful lakes. Id think accommodations would be much better at those than Ivie as well

Comment

What about Table Rock or Bull Shoals? They are closer than Texas and the weather is probably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s been awhile but Falcon lake was great.

Comment

Rayburn is one of the best around for overall quality bass. The top water bite is on fire right now early mornings in the grass. Toledo bend is exceptional also and there 30 mins apart. Get the best of both worlds. Fish each one 2 or 3 days each.

Comment

Camelot Bell

Comment

Working...
                              X