Keep your head on a swivel, folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
    Situational Awareness is built into my DNA, and has been for a very long time.
    Can’t say it’s in my DNA but try to be observant at all times. That and know my egress paths … drives my kids insane when I’m asking if they know.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
      Yep, we are planning to go to the church firework show next weekend. Wife and I were discussing this morning if we should still go. The church is pretty vocal on the recent ruling on social media.

Sucks that we have to think and worry about possible tragic retaliation events occuring.
      Where are you located where this is even close to a real threat?

I look at it the opposite way. I pray they are stupid enough to amp things up. They can lose a few voters....and probably gain a few illegal votes

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
        I find myself to be carrying my inequality device more and more lately. Hard to wear it with shorts and my body build, but i’m wearing jeans even in this heat just to carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, there’s no excuse not to carry. I wear shorts all the time and I’m a pretty hefty old man. I keep an LCP MAX with 13 rounds in my front pocket every minute I’m awake.
        I even carry it away from home when I have my .45 on my side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I guess I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on the news but I don't watch it much. Women protesting the abortion thing and Biden falling off his bike are the only recent things I've seen.

Nothing new really. Women nobody wants to knock up to begin with and Biden doing what he does best.
          Last edited by okrattler; 06-25-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Get you a decent holster and carrying with shorts is no different than with pants unless you're wearing gym shorts with your underwear and *** showing.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              I guess I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on the news but I don't watch it much. Women protesting the abortion thing and Biden falling off his bike are the only recent things I've seen.

Nothing new really. Women nobody wants to knock up to begin with and Biden doing what he does best.

“Like sands through the TBH forum, so are the days of our lives.”

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                Man, there’s no excuse not to carry. I wear shorts all the time and I’m a pretty hefty old man. I keep an LCP MAX with 13 rounds in my front pocket every minute I’m awake.
                I even carry it away from home when I have my .45 on my side.

I hear you. I sweat profusely. Unless its thin “performance” material that dries easy, they stay wet and looks like i pizzed myself. And my XDS mod2 doesn’t fit in my pockets.
                Currently searching for better clothes that will allow me to be little more comfortable and carry at same time.

Comment

If I really wanted to prepare for a fight I'd carry an AR-15 around with me all the time. Since, well.....we all know the AR-15 is the most powerful and deadly weapon ever made. Besides that's the only thing mass shootings happen with, obviously. So if the person shooting at me is for sure going to have one whether just on the news or in real life I suppose I should have one too. To make things more fair you know?

If it was up to me everyone would be carrying a shotgun,AR-15 or AK-47. Should be mandatory. That'd eliminate a lot of guess work on whos job it is to shoot nut bags that want to murder people. Put that responsibility on everyone instead of relying on people in uniforms that may or may not come into an active shooter type situation anyway.

There's no sarcasm whatsoever in the second part of this post. There shouldn't be a classroom,vehicle or shopping cart in America that doesn't have a long gun in it. Mass shootings happen because we allow them to happen.

I say long guns because pistols are junk. They're noise makers not life takers. I ain't wanting to hurt or scare psychos. They need to be dead.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 06-26-2022, 10:25 AM.

Comment

What holster are you guys using with gym type shorts?

Comment

Originally posted by TSU2011 View Post
                      What holster are you guys using with gym type shorts?

Use a Sticky holster. I carry my 43x in scrubs or gym shorts every day. Blackhawk tecgrip works great as well.

Comment

I am post mature, non-nocturnal and would surely be classified as a cull. My head is always on a swivel!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          I hear you. I sweat profusely. Unless its thin “performance” material that dries easy, they stay wet and looks like i pizzed myself. And my XDS mod2 doesn’t fit in my pockets.
                          Currently searching for better clothes that will allow me to be little more comfortable and carry at same time.

S&W 340PD

11 ounces
                          1.8 in barrel
                          Scandium alloy so zero rust
                          Fits in the palm of you hand

5 rounds of .357 magnum, plenty to send a group of bad actors to meet their maker.

Comment

Keep your head on a swivel, folks

Let’s all be honest…what is your position when you’re putting fuel in your tank?
                            Being former LEO, I observe people at the pump more than they realize and most people couldn’t tell you what or who was parked next to them while fueling.
                            My back is always against my vehicle and I never sit with my back to an entrance.
                            Surprisingly I’m not paranoid in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                              Let’s all be honest…what is your position when you’re putting fuel in your tank?
                              Being former LEO, I observe people at the pump more than they realize and most people couldn’t tell you what or who was parked next to them while fueling.
                              My back is always against my vehicle and I never sit with my back to an entrance.
                              Surprisingly I’m not paranoid in the least.

Same here. I parked next to a school bus get-n some diesel last time. There was another bus wait-n on her to finish.

Comment

I'm doing my by best to keep me and mine safe. The comment about the girls no one wants to knock up is hilarious. Funny there are very few hot chicks taking a side in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X