F150 vs F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 vs F250

My father is going to sell his 2 F250s and order a new F150 Long bed with Tow mirrors. I am probably going to do the same. He is selling because he has a harder time getting in and out of the F250 in his age, he has never been satisfied with the ride comfort, and not satisfied with the fuel economy on the gasser.

He is selling a 1999 F250 7.3 (276k)
    and a 2019 F250 Gas 6.2 (26k)
    Both are Lariats for their respective year.

I enjoy my 2017 F250 6.7 Lariat, but there are many days when I miss my F150 Ecoboost. Comfort in driving mostly. My F250 rides like basketball.

I tow a 37’ Camper and a 22’ bay boat, cargo trailer or 10’ utility trailer.

The F150 would handle them all from SPI To OK to LA. Just the weight of the camper was the worst issue on the F150. I’d bag the next one in the future.

Other then fuel. Servicing can be few hundred bucks.
    Now, when repairs on that diesel are in order, those cost can change your mind really quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr. Public; 06-02-2022, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I like my F250 and haven’t seen the ride issues some are talking about, but I also don’t have factory shocks. I like the ability to tow/haul more when I need to. Service costs don’t seem to be outrageously more.

Comment

Have driven 1/2 ton chevy for 20 years. Made the swap to F250 w/ 6.7 and wont be going back.

Comment

I've owned both and currently drive a F250. Both are great vehicles. IMO the F250 is worth the extra expense. If I ever go back to a F150 and it will be HARD, it will prob have to be a Raptor (something with balls!).

Comment

I have a ‘19 F150 and my dad has a ‘18 f250 gas.

The ride is night and day between them. The F150 rides much better. You sit higher in the F250 though.

He doesn’t tow hardly at all, and when he got rid of his 2001 chevy 2500hd gas for the F250 I asked why he was getting the F250 over an F150. “I like the ride of a 3/4 ton”. I feel he is in a small percentage of people that actually prefers the ride of a 3/4 ton over a 1/2. If you are not towing, I don’t think there is any reason to have a 3/4 over a 1/2. If you do tow, dealing with the stiff ride is just something you have to do to get the performance.

You said it will be a daily driver and you don’t tow much. Personally, no way I’d go to a 3/4 ton in that situation. Obviously my dad would say different. Haha.

Comment

If yall quit buying them little short box trucks that look really cool and buy a man's truck with a 8ft bed. The ride would be much better

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                I've owned both and currently drive a F250. Both are great vehicles. IMO the F250 is worth the extra expense. If I ever go back to a F150 and it will be HARD, it will prob have to be a Raptor (something with balls!).

Can you tow as much with a raptor as a regular 150 due to the raptor having ind rear suspension? It might have more hp but less payload and towing capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  If yall quit buying them little short box trucks that look really cool and buy a man's truck with a 8ft bed. The ride would be much better

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

My next 150 will have the longer bed.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                    Can you tow as much with a raptor as a regular 150 due to the raptor having ind rear suspension? It might have more hp but less payload and towing capacity?
                    Not sure I don't tow enough to worry about that. I'm just talking about hauling azz

Comment

It’s a give and take. I drive a lot but when I’m not working I’m typically hauling some toy and there is just no comparison in the comfort of towing with the 250. I probably only tow more than a 150 “could” handle half a dozen times a year, but I say just because it can doesn’t mean it’s comfortable. If I didn’t tow so much a 150 would be just fine.

At the end of the day it’s your money and you can spend it how you like. I would recommend driving a 250 and hit some bumps. They have come a long way, but it’s still not the same ride as a 1/2 ton truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                        Not sure I don't tow enough to worry about that. I'm just talking about hauling azz
                        A guy at my gym just bought a new raptor... this will be his second. Its a sweet looking rig!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                          A guy at my gym just bought a new raptor... this will be his second. Its a sweet looking rig!
                          They're a dime a dozen in Midland and most don't ever get engaged in 4 wheel drive. They'd be the ideal truck to purchase used.

Comment

I have a 2015 diesel 4x4 crew cab LWB that I have tracked all expenses. A year ago, it was costing me just under $0.17/mile to operate. Now it is up to $0.36/mile. I'm at 102k miles and have not had any major repairs. I did have an injector go out $6k miles ago but, it was covered under warranty. My expenses have been pretty much limited to oil, filters (including fuel), DEF, fuel and tires.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                              DEF is $3.86 at the pump.....Travelers DEF at tractor supply is around $12 for 2.5 gallons.

5 gallons of DEF can last me 5k miles if I'm not towing or burning up the highway
                              DEF cost is nil

But DEF heater pump… that’s a different story, it’s not if but when and when again

Comment

I've got a '20 Duramax, but was always under the impression things were gonna be much more expensive. I change my own oil on 5k intervals (costs me about $70 with T4 and a 10k mile filter which I swap every other change), do my own fuel filter (was quoted $170 for that, able to do it for the cost of the filter and a huge socket (35mm) roughly $20 every 20k miles). Tires are tires but for some BFGs it was around $1800. You can easily spend that on an F150 depending on your setup.

I really enjoy having a bigger ride and it pulls the 5th wheel great. Not here to argue with bean counters on gas vs diesel values/payoff periods, but I'd say if you handle the basics outlined above it's not much different outside of the fuel cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X