No announcement yet.

Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff Matt, glad to see you posting kills again!! Good luck the rest of your trip!

Comment

Thanks guys. Life’s been getting in the way of deer camp. This is our first trip where we have stayed more than 1 night. Maddie is behind the cross bow this morning. She’s after one of the bucks uncle Steve passed yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They bumped a nice buck driving in. Only pigs and WT so far. I’m on the porch drinking coffee and watching the democrats. A little roaring going on. Probably could here more if the wind wasn’t howling.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
          They bumped a nice buck driving in. Only pigs and WT so far. I’m on the porch drinking coffee and watching the democrats. A little roaring going on. Probably could here more if the wind wasn’t howling.

Do your axis get skittish when you drive around? I like to go feed in the mornings with my ranger, but I’m not sure if that pushes them away or what. They seem to always be there when we aren’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
            Do your axis get skittish when you drive around? I like to go feed in the mornings with my ranger, but I’m not sure if that pushes them away or what. They seem to always be there when we aren’t

Some axis are always going to run to another county, but others will just run a few yards. If you start shooting off the ranger you will never see them trust me we found that out the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              Some axis are always going to run to another county, but others will just run a few yards. If you start shooting off the ranger you will never see them trust me we found that out the hard way.

Yea we shot one out of the truck a while back and after that we decided we aren’t going to do that again! I’m guessing the only way to keep them around is to feed all the stands every hunt

Comment

Yea we shot one out of the truck a while back and after that we decided we aren’t going to do that again! I’m guessing the only way to keep them around is to feed all the stands every hunt

If you have protein feeders you have to keep them full, but once they figure it out the will be a vacuum and you will keep them around.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  If you have protein feeders you have to keep them full, but once they figure it out the will be a vacuum and you will keep them around.

We keep them full at all times. I feed corn with the ranger as well when we hunt and that’s what worries me when we drive in early and push them off

Comment

Congrats !

Comment

We normally just use hand corn. They can get spooked if you drive in with the ranger since we do not feed that way on a regular basis.

Comment

Maddie our 12 year old let one fly with the crossbow Sunday evening. Not the biggest buck but a good first buck. Unfortunately the shot was a tad bit low.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
                          Congrats !

Thanks!

Comment

Maddie our 12 year old let one fly with the crossbow Sunday evening. Not the biggest buck but a good first buck. Unfortunately the shot was a tad bit low.

Man I would’ve bet money that deer had a hole in his heart [emoji23]

We do try and feed with the ranger every time we are out there but I don’t know if the axis just know we are there and get scarce or they spook! One day I’ll get a good one.

Comment

Here’s an older buck I would love to see. He’s pretty narrow too.
                              Good fronts on this guy

Most of our bigger bucks are still in velvet as of last week

Comment

I woulda lost $$ betting on that shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X