No announcement yet.

Need info on living near Gas Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the conversation guys, I'm learning. I didn't get a visual on any pump jacks out there, and I am definitely uneducated on the equipment and its functions. So I understand, the tank is a holding tank for byproduct, service trucks will pull it out in intervals. I can't get the pics to load but on the monitor one of the displays read "Volume Yesterday: 41.86437 MCF" and "Yest. flow time: 24.0 hrs" .... So I would assume this is producing. I guess I'm just concerned whether this is going to turn into a pad site again for whatever reason, and I have that to wake up to out my window. Service trucks here and there I can deal with.

Comment

And anyway with the way things are done in the oilfield that meter loop may belong to a well 2 miles away, and they may bobtail oil in there from another lease to sell. At 41 MCF it is not a big producer, hence it was probably sold to Go Oil.
      Last edited by mrc; 06-14-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdyv10 View Post
        Thanks for all the conversation guys, I'm learning. I didn't get a visual on any pump jacks out there, and I am definitely uneducated on the equipment and its functions. So I understand, the tank is a holding tank for byproduct, service trucks will pull it out in intervals. I can't get the pics to load but on the monitor one of the displays read "Volume Yesterday: 41.86437 MCF" and "Yest. flow time: 24.0 hrs" .... So I would assume this is producing. I guess I'm just concerned whether this is going to turn into a pad site again for whatever reason, and I have that to wake up to out my window. Service trucks here and there I can deal with.
        Yup. It’s making gas.

Comment

on RRC website and land survey it states it is a GO Oil Lease. So how easy would you speculate it would be for me to get ahold of these guys and feel out their potential future for this site?

Comment

on RRC website and land survey it states it is a GO Oil Lease. So how easy would you speculate it would be for me to get ahold of these guys and feel out their potential future for this site?
            I doubt there will be any further exploration.

Comment

Really doubtful anything will happen most of the zones are pretty well played out. Now if they come up with new technology in the future, or find a way to frac the Barnett Shale there something could happen. My guess is it is a small co.pany that picked it up cheap because Devon didn't want to plug it. They will produce it and hope to get rich someday.

Comment

There are several laterals (horizontal wells) already under the property, so the chances of using it for a surface location are pretty slim. That well has been producing since 1980 and has probably had $3,000,000 production over it's life. Probably makes very little water, so maybe 1-2 trucks a month. Might be a swab rig on it occasionally but probably very little activity. It's still making up to $6,000/month, so they won't be plugging it. You can use that API number and go to Texas RRC GIS app and click on info for wells button at top, then click the well and you can download information that contains operator address. From your screen shot you were almost there, you'll see the "i" on the toolbar for information, then well.
                Last edited by XR650RRider; 06-15-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I may or may not have killed deer from tanks like that.......

Comment

After 3 months you won’t even notice it. It a gas well no pumping unit needed.

Comment

I know this is Texas but for resale I would think it would turn away allot of prospective buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        I know this is Texas but for resale I would think it would turn away allot of prospective buyers.
                        Just city people.

Comment

I looked on google maps, I don't see a wellhead.

Comment

I bought 60 acres in front of my house with a poor performing gas well, I don’t have the mineral rights, the first month I received 700.00 in the mail. The checks got smaller and smaller but continued for Many years almost 2 decades, I had them remove and pull the pipe years later. They quit mailing checks

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              ??? Pumpjacks pump crude oil, not gas.

I have lived with oil and gas wells all around us in NE Texas. I currently have an oil well with a submerged pump probably 50 yards from my front door and a pump jack not 50-60 yards from my back door. We pay them no mind. I have oil and gas lines that cross my property. It has been a way of life in Gregg County since the 1930's and 40's.
                              Pumping unit, is designed to lift fluid, not just oil. And we are lifting fluid to get to the gas. Whatever fluid that is, oil or water, you want what’s below it too, which is gas. Gas flows up the casing, while the pumping unit unloads the well up the tubing.

I wouldn’t be too much concerned unless there was a lot of water hauling or oil hauling traffic in and out. Although, there is always a chance at a re - complete or re - frac which could turn a quiet old well into a water/oil making monster.
                              Last edited by TheHammer; 06-15-2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                Just city people.
                                Maybe, just maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X