• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks FUN!!!

I'd do it!!!

With your luck, I wouldn't.

Comment

There was a tank there, but I don’t think those were tanks that went into the water!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Am-fibs!

Comment

My luck it would hit at an angle that would take it to the bottom

Comment

Pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in. Looks fun.

Comment

In the Marines my unit rode in Amtrak's.
                We'd launch before sumrise and come over the horizon. It was fun. I was 3rd platoon 3rd squad third team machine Gunner. I had Flank security. When we'd make land and was keeping the beach they'd let me out by the waters edge. Rear ramp was horizontal and you'd step off withe your right foot, tuck, turtle flop and try to end up on your belly. It was rough trying to keep sand out of the action. T shirt helped.

Couple times the tide caused me to go inland. Those days would suck my boots would be soaked in Sea water. When we got told to mount up if have a couple yard sprint to the Amtrak.

If we wasn't talking the beach we'd pop open the top hatches, cable.them.in place and I'd be Air watch on the right rear quarter. Sucked for the guys inside. I would be standing on the benches they'd be sitting on. A couple times on big bumps I'd step on someone while keeping my balance.

Only lost the machine over the side once. We were on traininganuebees luckily we were on land and took up defensive position. Driver spike the brakes, I got the floor, gun hit the ground, ramp came down. I was the first one out "shooting", I saw it grabbed it and didn't miss a round. We didn't use blanks much so we'd just make sound effects. About 10 minutes prior to this we was in the intercoastal waterway. When we come up out of the channel we heeled hard right and rear. We had enough angle on the track that water was cascadimg in over the side. I got soaked. I thought the driver was going to flip us on our lid back into the canal. Track commander was telling the driver to use tracks, you could feel him shift to the tracks but the nose would go higher and we'd slide sideways along the edge of the channel. The driver switched back to jets, track commander commander hollered Tracks, he did. Nose started coming up again and the track commander hollered punch it. The driver did. I got a face full of exhaust, track felt like it stood straight up. Track started to come back down and I.sAw the top hatches move. I grabbed my SAW in my right hand and ducked inside using my left arm to drag people back inside. My buddy got the tip of his finger pinched when the hatch slammed shut. Everyone was cussing me at first. I didn't even try and stop the hatch, it'd take 4 of us to open it. That's why we started to put cables over them.

It was fun, my team leader would bust my chops for firing to long a string of bullets. So I'd go Carlos Hathcock on him. Carlos Hathcock was a Marine Sniper in Vietnam. He mostly used a bolt gun. Once our platoon sergeant said something to me about firing to many bullets. He reminded me I was a SAW Gunner not a Mini Gunner. I replied yes sir and broke out my Mk19 40mm Grenade machine gun. He asked me what I was doing. I rolled over on my back, "fired" off about 50 rds and said killing the enemy, you?

He smiled, walked away and said he needs more. So pretty soon we had a squad of Mk19s "firing". He got us back a bit tho with the I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
                I was hoarse for a day or so after.

During the after action debriefing the company commander wanted to know the smart butt was that brought a Mk19 to knife fight was. I smiled, so did the rest of the squad.

Long read sorry. I had a a whole lot of fun. I enjoyed it. I miss.my friends and the camaraderie. I can't say I miss the boredom. We'd clean weapons 8 hours a day for 2-3 WEEKS.

This took place in 1991 or 1992. It was after Desert Storm and Desert Shield. It is like yesterday to me. I can still smell, and taste the water

This unit rolled up the Baghdad Highway. 2 of the guys in my team were there. I was stationed in Italy during that time.

We were training to get SOC Qualified.

Here's similar to how we'd launch off the ship.
                Our would "submarine" us. Which I think is self explanatory, it means we'd be totally submerged underwater after coming out of the back of the ship.

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-14-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Very cool PB2. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                  X