Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info on living near Gas Well

Looking for some perspective.

Found a property the wife and I would like to move forward on an offer with. 3/2, 2 acres, shop, treed with larger adjacent properties having pastures, tucked back away from road...Feels like home. The property directly adjacent has a tank battery and gas well site with meter/monitor on it. This is about 100 yards from the front porch. The access to the property we're interested in has an easement, also utilized by gas co to get to the site. It appears no lines go through the property we're interested in, but the site is close. Property has a water well. No mineral rights.

I have lived in city all my life and this is our move to a few acres. I understand this is Texas and they're around every corner, rural or urban. Looking for some insight. What are some things I should consider? Is this an issue for you or no? Potential environmental hazards? Resale Value? I don't feel it's currently an eye sore, but if the properties around us are eventually sold off and developed down the road I'd hate to be looking at some sort of privacy fence like they have in an urban setting.... or, am I over thinking it. Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

I assume that is a pumping unit behind the trees, to me it's a no but I've listened to and worked on those things my whole life. If the noise don't bother you and it is a good deal then there is no harm in it being there. It looks a well established pad so there won't be much traffic in there, maybe a pumper once a day or so and a water or oil hauler once a month.

Comment

Thanks. I am trying to load another pic of the site for you industry guys to help me identify it. I have been to the property twice, a week apart, different times of day and have not heard any noise from it standing at the house.

Comment

You will never know it’s there unless you share the lease road with it. If you do you will have water haulers at all hours of the day and night driving by your house.

Comment

I definitely feel it would impact resale value.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            I definitely feel it would impact resale value.
            Not in north Texas.

Comment

There's no way of knowing but the best place to find oil/gas is where it's already being produced. The potential is there for some company to come in to try for another production zone or to rework the current well, for example, a very large portion of the current Permian activity is operating in areas that were dog stripper wells before. Just something to consider.

Comment

Need info on living near Gas Well

Is the well even producing? Looks like trees are grown up all around the tank, through the stairs and catwalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Show the wellhead. That guy is looking at the meter run.

Comment

What county?

Comment

didn't get the pic of wellhead, its in Peaster, Parker Co.

Comment

I’m with MBV77. Well doesn’t appear to be in production. But could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdyv10 View Post
                            didn't get the pic of wellhead, its in Peaster, Parker Co.
                            The sign says Devon. It may have been sold to another company.

Comment

I'd be more concerned with only easement access

Comment

Working...
                              X