No announcement yet.

Does it bother you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got on a MD-80 in Nashville coming back to DFW last year. Out of curiosity I looked up the tail number and saw that the plane went into service in November of 1986 and was the second oldest plane currently in service with American. I think I heard a whole bunch of little noises after that, that were probably just in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Make sure the pilot attaches his kill switch
      To soon.....

Comment

As a aircraft mechanic I don’t see any problem with the mechanics of that plane. I’d fly on her......at least once. ��

Comment

Nope.I'd ride the paint off that ****.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d ride it all the way to the scene of the crash

Comment

A lot of private jets look the same. You should see the T1 beechjets the airforce fly. Every one of those look like crud. Half the paint is always flaked off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wouldn’t bother me. I’ve always operated under the premise that the pilot doesn’t want to die either. If it’s good enough for him/her it’s good enough for me.

Comment

You can have a 25 year old plane that has never had an accident or a brand new Boeing that may or may not make it 15 min
                  These days I think the old one is probably safer

Comment

Based on several studies by aeronautical engineers and documented by the FAA, flight dynamic characteristics and aerodynamics in complete engine failure allow those small planes to glide extremely well....

all the way to the scene of the crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Wouldn’t bother me. I’ve always operated under the premise that the pilot doesn’t want to die either. If it’s good enough for him/her it’s good enough for me.
                      This is my philosophy as well. Also trusting that the airlines somewhat care about my safety, but probably care about the lawsuits that arise from plane crashes even more.

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat1 View Post
                        make sure the pilot attaches his kill switch
                        😂😂😂

Comment

I'm a 30 year aircraft mechanic for AA (not Eagle). That aircraft is well maintained. I'd put my family on it. Much more likely to die driving to the airport and way more likely to crash due to pilot error than mechanical failure. You probably have socks older than the captain who flew it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

First world problems.

I can tell that you’ve never flown out of Little Rock ��

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              That and there has been more new “pretty” planes crash in the past year than that tested and true plane.

Comment

Kinda seems like you had your mind made up about the quality of the plane before you ever got on the plane since all of your pictures are from pre-boarding the airplane. So the weird noises and sounds you describe are only adjectives to an already pre-formed opinion you had of the air craft. Did you take off and land safely at your destination?

Comment

Working...
                                X