X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikebyrge View Post
    Most of the time the Marlin micro-groove barrels will shoot the 170gr better than tHe 150. And they are finicky with the Hornady lever loads.
    My son's and my 336s are circa 1971 with micro-groove barrels shoot the Leverevolution loads better than than anything else
    My experience with them is hit or miss. I’ve got an early 70’s that will shoot 2” or less groups w pretty much any 170gr bullet, 4-5” with 150gr and slings the lever ammo all over the target.

I’ve got an early 80’s (pre safety) that shoots them all about the same but still better w 170gr.

I had one of the newer Ballard barrel guns and it was very accurate with the hornady lever ammo. Groups around an inch and that is very good for any rifle in my hands.

Comment

I have a JM stamped Marlin 30-30 and the 160 FTX don't shoot consistently, but the Federal 150s do very well. Never tried the 170.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        My personal opinion after talking with Hornady folk on the same issue is they get these batches that aren’t balanced for some reason.

I shoot the LeverE in about every other caliber and never had a problem except 30-30. I could take a particular box and shoot it in a winchester, single shots, bolt gun, and marlin and it would shoot off in every one. Then without touching a thing take another box and they all shot zero.

It has only been the 160gr too, the 140’s are great stuff
        The POI is a lot different than other loads I have used but I finally settled on the LE and sighted them in with that.

Comment

150 grain Remington corlok's.

Comment

My Marlin has always preferred the old cheap Winchester 170 power points, I tried 150’s too but the 170’s were always better. I have a box of 140 grains FTX bullets and a pound of Leverlution on the bench I’m playing with right now for it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

125's but I'm a sissy.

Comment

I have a Marlin 336 that shoots the Federal bluebox 150 grain very well. My Winchester 94 likes the 170 Winchester.

Comment

These are cool. Shoot/kill good too. I bought a bunch years ago. But in many years prior I just shot the old Yellow/Green box Remington 150 core locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
                    160 gr FTX® LEVERevolution from Hornady.
                    I used these to qualify at American Shooting Center at 300 yrds. They’re a game changer for the 30-30.

Comment

Working...
                    X