Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay home... I've been kidnapped twice... they brought me back.

Comment

The resort is shorting you if no one in your party gets kidnapped. Supposed to be all inclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Good lookin women,food,drinks and fishing. I gained ten pounds in 5 days in Mexico. It's awesome.

An all inclusive resort is anyways. I didn't have to leave. Just ate every time my stomach quit feeling full whether I was hungry or not.
        You remember the Ryan Steakhouse incident story?
        That was me in Mexico. Three days of buffets and zero #2's. Then it hit me like the guy in the story while I was pool side. Someone walked in the small pool house bathroom and ran right back out! By 100x the worst explosion I've ever had

Comment

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

I don’t get it either. Went to Playa del Carmen and stayed at a 4-5 star resort.

Meh at best. No desire to go back.

Probably doesn’t help that I dislike the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I don’t get it either.

You don’t get it? You just answered it …

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              You remember the Ryan Steakhouse incident story?
              That was me in Mexico. Three days of buffets and zero #2's. Then it hit me like the guy in the story while I was pool side. Someone walked in the small pool house bathroom and ran right back out! By 100x the worst explosion I've ever had
              Oh yeah, that's never a good thing. Luckily I didn't have the no #2's problem. I think it was our third night there and we went to a Brazilian steakhouse. My brother and I both stopped on the 9th time the waiters came around to slice off a piece of meat onto our plates. I can't ever remember feeling that miserably full before or since. Some of our family was going out to the bar and he asked if I was going. I said "No I can't I'm feeling sick." He was too so we both decided to go back to our rooms and digest the food we had consumed and we'd meet up at the bar in two hours. I laid down for two hours and I felt not so great still but I had to meet my brother at the bar.

It was a good 400 or 450 yards to the bar from my room so I began the long walk. It was dark as could be outside and I made it half way and I got to sweating somethin fierce. I had to blow mud like you can't believe. I stopped and I had one of two choices to make. Go back to my room and take care of it or press forward and go to one of two bathrooms over at the resort. I pressed on. About three quarters of the way there I realized how terrible that choice was. I couldn't go any further. I hopped in some bushes and squatted down and all the sudden I hear two girls laughing and talking and they were walking up the sidewalk towards me. I couldn't see them and they couldn't see me. I thought "Just stay squatted down, they won't see you." but then my voice of reason chimes in, "what if they do?" I hop up and jump out of the bushes and started walking very fast past them. Once I was past I took off at a full sprint. Got to the bathroom and bust in like I was the police. Slammed open the first stall door I see and there was a guy sitting on the toilet in there. He hadn't locked the door. I hit him in the leg with the door and immediately turn around. I don't think I even shut the stall door back. I get to the other bathroom and luckily nobody was occupying the stalls. You talk about relief. I felt like a whole new person.

My brother was sick from all that food. He never showed up to the bar. I almost took a doody in the bushes on a very nice resort for no reason. When you gotta go boom boom that bad your brain goes into full panic mode. Had those girls not been drunk and a lot more quiet they would have walked by and heard something in those bushes. And it wouldn't have been no critter growlin.
              Last edited by okrattler; 01-27-2023, 12:19 AM.

Comment

One of my favorite stories of all time happened in Mexico. When my brother was about 13 he got hit in the mouth and busted one of his front teeth loose. It turned grey because the root was dead. So the dentist shaved that tooth down into a point and cemented a fake one on in its place. On our 4th day there my mom, brother,sister and my brothers ex-wife went to breakfast. I decided to sleep in unfortunately. While he was eating breakfast he started chewing up some food and he tells my mom "Man, this bacon is F'n crunchy." He spit it out into a napkin and my mom said he looked and his fake tooth had fallen out and he chewed it up. I woke up and I could hear the account of what had happened between my mom and other family members. My grandma said "Oh no, we're taking family pictures today. Poor guy." I sat up in bed and I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face.

Later that day we took family pictures on the beach. My brother and his family grouped up to get their picture taken and I said "Smile guys, look happy!", he smiled real big. He'd forgotten he was missing a tooth. I was on my hands and knees in the sand laughing hysterically. I'll never forget that look on his face. Oh my gosh. I'm still laughing about that.
                Last edited by okrattler; 01-27-2023, 12:47 AM.

Comment

How come the ads on TV for these places don't have fat people?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I don’t get it either. Went to Playa del Carmen and stayed at a 4-5 star resort.

Meh at best. No desire to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Lol. Cliff notes:

“I don’t like the beach,…so I planned a trip that is centered around the beach as it’s main attraction. I didn’t have the best time doing what I don’t like.”

Comment

Give me a nice rental property over a resort, but we love Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        How come the ads on TV for these places don't have fat people?
                        I reckon a big man wearing a thong aint gonna sell a whole lot of vacations.
                        Last edited by Radar; 01-27-2023, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I'd rather be in the mountains by myself than on a beach with a bunch of drunks, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            I reckon a big man wearing a thong aint gonna sell a whole lot of vacations.
                            One last night had a mixed race couple with two kids, a same sex couple and a same sex mixed couple. They had all the bases covered except for plus size folks. Big folks like to have fun too! Discrimination I tell ya!

Comment

Some of these responses......i think some of you guys live in a shipping container underground and only come oiy to adjust the antenna to get better signal for tbh.

Comment

I'm planning two vacations to Cancun this summer to have some dental implant work done. The price difference was significant enough that the trip is worth it.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X