Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

Nothing, we go to Maui every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I added a comma for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This made me laugh.🤣🤣

Comment

Loved it in my drinking days. Haven't been since I quit. I imagine it would still be fun. I'd just spend it doing things I didn't while I was trying to deplete the hotel's alcohol reserves.

Comment

Where are you guys staying that gives you all the free food you desire?

The "all inclusive" we stayed at had certain places to eat that were included but the good stuff you had to pay extra for. And other things like the kayaks all lined up on the resorts beach you had to rent.

Comment

I’ve never been to one like that. All I’ve been to allowed free range. Some of the nicer places required reservations but all were allowed. All sail boats and kayaks and such you had to check out… but were free

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Where are you guys staying that gives you all the free food you desire?

The "all inclusive" we stayed at had certain places to eat that were included but the good stuff you had to pay extra for. And other things like the kayaks all lined up on the resorts beach you had to rent.
              Excellence Playa Mujeres.
              Great food, great booze, all around nice resort.

Comment

My wife and I go to Mexico 3 times a year, 2 times to Cancun and 1 to cabo. We go to an adult only all inclusive, LeBlanc. They keep the beaches clean, the food is outstanding and the drinks are top shelf. The service is unbelievable. I can leave my house and be on the beach drinking a Margarita in a few hours. I am always running and gunning, this is just an awesome way to relax for a week.
                PS: The scenery is outstanding!!!

Comment

Playa Del Carmen & Cozumel are awesome places to go. Parasail, fish, Mayan ruins, swim with the sea turtles and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    It's not just Mexico for me, but I have never wanted to spend a bunch of money and travel somewhere far away just to sit by the pool or on the beach and read a book or whatever. I like to go to interesting places and get out and see as much of it as I can. I like to hike and explore, visit the shops, eat in the restaurants, meet some locals. We've stayed at some REALLY nice resorts, but we never just hang out in them. We walk past people sitting by the pool reading on our way out the door every day. They seem to be enjoying themselves, so it's cool. Just not for us.

When people talk about resorts in Mexico, they usually say some version of, "it's very safe as long as you stay on the resort." We have friends that go multiple times every year. They love it. Just not for me.

Same for a cruise. I like to get away from people when I'm on vacation. Being on a ship with hundreds of other people would feel like hell on earth (or hell on water) for me. I know you can get off the ship for a few hours during the day, but having to stick to somebody else's schedule would suck too. But millions of people enjoy cruises, so that's cool for them. I can't imagine that I'll ever join them though.
                    Marlin

Comment

I’ve been 4 times. Never once felt uncomfortable. Even ate at some local dives; shopped local etc.. Tulum was my favorite. Always met more than respectable folks

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Some of you guys have really wild imaginations…

For $3500 bucks you can get on a plane for 2 hours, take a short cab ride, and spend 3-5 days at a beautiful 5 star resort where you can have any food or drink you want, set around a pool/beach, and never hear a phone ring. There’s golf, and adventures there if you want them. It’s very simple.

At this point I’m kinda done with it, but we used to go every year and it was a ton of fun. I’d still rather go to Mexico than Florida…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        This.

Comment

Like with anything you still get what you pay for in relation to the goods. Even though Mexico is typically a better “value” than US places. If you go down there on a $250 a night all inclusive…. It won’t be the same food and drink as a $600 a night place. But whatever the budget is it will still usually beat out most US tourists attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            I prefer Mexico over Florida. I can lay on the beach and nobody bothers me. The last time I tried that in Florida they kept dragging me back into the water and I don’t know why !!
                            The glare maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              The glare maybe?

If its like me, they don't want his skin drying out and they think I have gills.... not a blowhole..

Comment

Good lookin women,food,drinks and fishing. I gained ten pounds in 5 days in Mexico. It's awesome.

An all inclusive resort is anyways. I didn't have to leave. Just ate every time my stomach quit feeling full whether I was hungry or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X