School me on the 6mm Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
    Sure sounds like bullet choice issues? I am asking because I’m looking forctge best affordable 6.5 CM deer round for 50-300 yards.

BP

Federal non-typical (soft point) or Hornady American whitetail (soft point) will do anything you ask it out to 300 yards.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

The cartridge pissing matches really bring out the d-bag in some.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
        I second this. I had a short 6cm built for my kids to shoot suppressed. It’s pretty much perfect for shooting the heavier bullets.
        I used it to shoot a couple doe on Friday. One at 270yds the other at 290yds. There were 2 hits each, the bullet hitting them and them hitting the ground.

What ammo do you use for deer? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As with any Creedmore cartridge there is already a cartridge available that will offer almost the same ballistics.

Creedmore case design and barrel twist caters to the new long high BC bullets.

If you want to shoot the long heavies for long distance then Creedmore makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
            Federal non-typical (soft point) or Hornady American whitetail (soft point) will do anything you ask it out to 300 yards.

Sierracharlie out....
            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
              Agreed. I think Hornady makes a nice bullet. But I think coupled with the 6.5cm it’s not a good match. Finding anything on the shelf for the 6.5 other than Hornady is tough. However, I did find some 140 grn Norma soft points which I’m hoping pattern well with my gun. If so, it could prevent
              Me from rechambering my 6.5 (which is an Alamo gun by the way)

Hornady seems to have one that all agree is a good deer round, shocking to see so much agreement. The Hornady Whitetail, interlock bullet, gets stellar reviews everywhere I’ve looked. Match and eldm, not so much. Aim Small

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post

Sierracharlie out....

Thanks [emoji3516]

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Thank you

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                  Thanks [emoji3516]

No problemo!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment