No announcement yet.

School me on the 6mm Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok the “purse swinging” comment made me chuckle.

Carry on….

Comment

Plenty of Ammo these days for them. So I say it’s a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Not only will I confirm his claims, I’ll put a $500 wager on it.

I’ve shot both. As has both other guys debating it with you. The 6 creed is a superior round. Good luck finding factory ammo in the 6.5 to contend with the 6. Hand loading and it’s even further apart.
        Lol I’m sure you can.
        I didn’t say one round was superior to the other only mentioned that with 100 gr hunting bullets-at the range most deer/hogs are killed at- there ain’t a dimes worth of difference.
        You got your panties twisted and here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
          Lol I’m sure you can.
          I didn’t say one round was superior to the other only mentioned that with 100 gr hunting bullets-at the range most deer/hogs are killed at- there ain’t a dimes worth of difference.
          You got your panties twisted and here we are.
          My panties aren’t twisted at all. You popped off some asinine BS and won’t back off of it lol. You’re wrong.

Comment

So… 6mm Creedmoor… This thread kinda took on a life of it’s own…

Maybe I’ll look at the 6mm ARC.

Thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
              Not everyone is a wannabe sniper. Some of us hunt.
              Old bald guy making his appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                My panties aren’t twisted at all. You popped off some asinine BS and won’t back off of it lol. You’re wrong.
                Something he’s really good at finally…asinine comments.

Comment

Originally posted by JuDGe View Post

Thanks?
                  My apologies. I think the 6mm Creed is a good cartridge as are the 22 Creed and 6.5 Creed.

Comment

Thanks?
                    Sorry lol.

If you get towards Georgetown you’re welcome to take mine for a spin.

Comment

Should I own one? Why?
                      If you have to ask a question like that, I would say No…don’t buy it.

Comment

Dang this thread went to the gutter fast.
                        6 creed is an absolute fantastic round for deer, hogs and yotes.
                        There’s an abundance of great factory ammo, it has very little recoil, is very easy to load for (h4350 and easy to find Lapua brass).

I had Alamo precision rebarrel / rechamber a 308 Bergara I had into a 7.5 twist 6 creed and it’s one of my favorite guns.

Like others have said, it’s everything the 243 should have been.

I’ve killed With 95gr NBT’s, 105gr Berger hybrids and 108gr ELDM’s. They are moving 2900-3000 fps out of my 20” barrel. If I could do it again I’d have gone 18”.

Get you one and don’t look back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                          Dang this thread went to the gutter fast.
                          6 creed is an absolute fantastic round for deer, hogs and yotes.
                          There’s an abundance of great factory ammo, it has very little recoil, is very easy to load for (h4350 and easy to find Lapua brass).

I had Alamo precision rebarrel / rechamber a 308 Bergara I had into a 7.5 twist 6 creed and it’s one of my favorite guns.

Like others have said, it’s everything the 243 should have been.

I’ve killed With 95gr NBT’s, 105gr Berger hybrids and 108gr ELDM’s. They are moving 2900-3000 fps out of my 20” barrel. If I could do it again I’d have gone 18”.

Get you one and don’t look back!

I've thought about adding one to the collection. Kicking it around, 18 or 20 inch barrel.
                          Not to sure what real world #s would be with a 18 inch.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                            I've thought about adding one to the collection. Kicking it around, 18 or 20 inch barrel.
                            Not to sure what real world #s would be with a 18 inch.
                            Prob only lose 25fps an inch.. realistically you might could still squeeze 3k out of an 18”… none of my mine are loaded super hot

Comment

School me on the 6mm Creedmoor

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                              Prob only lose 25fps an inch.. realistically you might could still squeeze 3k out of an 18”… none of my mine are loaded super hot

I’d go 18” all day. I’m running 108s around 2950 out of my 18” and might could push it a little harder. I might even consider going 16.5” when this barrel burns up.

Last edited by Raider4044; 11-23-2022, 03:36 PM.

Comment

About 98% of these posts have no credence at all. Unless you reload and/or shoot way out there the 6mm has nothing over the 243

Comment

Working...
                                X