The Metal (Music) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
    I think he sounds pretty good?? Do you want Josh Groban singing?

He sounds a bit like the singer for Soilwork. They are pretty bad *** too. Speaking of, they have a new song out that is pretty dang good. Death Diviner.

Woah!!! Just listened to death diviner..........awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      Woah!!! Just listened to death diviner..........awesome

I'm not a one hit wonder like BoB and his affinity for Slayer.

Comment

I think he sounds pretty good?? Do you want Josh Groban singing?

He sounds a bit like the singer for Soilwork. They are pretty bad *** too. Speaking of, they have a new song out that is pretty dang good. Death Diviner.
        Ha! I just looked up "Josh Gorban", you're funny!

Comment

I'm not a one hit wonder like BoB and his affinity for Slayer.
          Based on your recommendation of Soilwork you're a no hit wonder. [emoji15][emoji38]

I've heard them many times on Liquid Metal. They are definitely more Def Leppard than Cannibal Corpse. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Based on your recommendation of Soilwork you're a no hit wonder. [emoji15][emoji38]

I've heard them many times on Liquid Metal. They are definitely more Def Leppard than Cannibal Corpse. Lol.

Your last sentence is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
              Sylosis has Great Music Tunes, but I HATE the singing.

I wish there was a band that played similar tunes with a singer who wasn't so obnoxious, angry and I could understand...
              I don't think it would sound right without aggressive vocals, but that's just me. They have a few songs here and there that predominately have clean vocals, but those songs are softer in general.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ITC_t2Lio"]Quiescent - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Not a band I listen to much, but I heard this song for the first time yesterday. Blew my head off .

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2WqHg7VcxE"]Long Shadows of Dread - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I came across a band call Disarmonia Mundi while catching up on the new Soilwork music I've missed. They sound a lot like In Flames with better vocals.

For the record, BoB, Slayer and LOG are my bands, so I do have a hit or 2 under my belt.

For some reason, I find myself playing Resurrection Man over and over. From the 3:00 mark on is probably the highlight of LOG's latest release.
                  Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 08-04-2020, 11:21 AM. Reason: ...

Comment

Not sure if y'all have found this in your trucks, but I hear a lot of good music, new and old here. https://www.radio.com/metalmilitia/listen

Here's a few that I like that aren't mentioned.
                    Crowbar - Planets Collide (this is an old song, but it sounds present day)
                    Mastodon - The Motherload, and Oblivion
                    Shadows Fall - Redemption
                    Baroness - Borderlines

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                      Not a band I listen to much, but I heard this song for the first time yesterday. Blew my head off .

Long Shadows of Dread - YouTube
                      George Kolias is a machine

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                        Not sure if y'all have found this in your trucks, but I hear a lot of good music, new and old here. https://www.radio.com/metalmilitia/listen

Here's a few that I like that aren't mentioned.
                        Crowbar - Planets Collide (this is an old song, but it sounds present day)
                        Mastodon - The Motherload, and Oblivion
                        Shadows Fall - Redemption
                        Baroness - Borderlines
                        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3toBOL82Ek"]Crowbar - Planets Collide (REACTION!!!) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Hatebreed is one of my all time favorites. Saw them and FFDP both.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            Hatebreed is one of my all time favorites. Saw them and FFDP both.
                            Hatbreed rocks.

NYHC

Comment

Really happy to have come across this thread. Good stuff on here and glad to see some hunters digging metal. How bout some Meshuggah ...

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GS95ZNMNAvs"]MESHUGGAH - Demiurge (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Mastodon is about the only new-ish Metal band that I don’t mind listening to.

As much as I used to like metal, I’m kinda tired of getting yelled at for no reason. Been listening to a lot of Staind here lately—who knows what I’ll be playing next week though.

Comment

Working...
                                X