Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dream Continues! Project 2! Pic Heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Hate to hear about the oil field activity. I was just thinking the other day if you had connected on one of your early target bucks.

For every one of those fawn catchers you take out, it will pay dividends.

How did your plots turn out? Have you got a hard freeze on them yet?

Rwc
    Food plots turned out great! The only problem is I should have doubled the acreage I planted due to them being eaten down to the dirt Hope your had a great season RWC

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Well, rats on the season and pipeline activity! I was wondering the other day how your hunts were going. I know it must be disappointing after all your work getting ready, but...those bucks are still there and will be getting fat on your plots! That is one pretty place with a well thought out plan!
    It happens sir The work is a labor of love so it all works out! With them moving on I will have high hopes for next year! As always sending prayers your way for a full recovery

Comment

"[I]Food plots turned out great! The only problem is I should have doubled the acreage I planted due to them being eaten down to the dirt Hope your had a great season RWC"[I]

I understand on plot sizing. I plant approximately 6 acres of plots every fall on my river grounds. On average weather years my plots look like a golf course fairway by Jan 1st. This year with the late September army worms, then the unreal amounts of rain my plots have struggled.
      With that said, I have fed quite a bit of pellets the last six weeks trying to off set.

Our season started fairly slow, but finished with a bank. Ashton, Breck and myself were blessed.

Have a good one and keep in touch.

Rwc

Comment

"[I]Food plots turned out great! The only problem is I should have doubled the acreage I planted due to them being eaten down to the dirt Hope your had a great season RWC"[I]

I understand on plot sizing. I plant approximately 6 acres of plots every fall on my river grounds. On average weather years my plots look like a golf course fairway by Jan 1st. This year with the late September army worms, then the unreal amounts of rain my plots have struggled.
        With that said, I have fed quite a bit of pellets the last six weeks trying to off set.

Our season started fairly slow, but finished with a bank. Ashton, Breck and myself were blessed.

Have a good one and keep in touch.

Rwc
        It is a constant struggle when relying on the weather and vermin to cooperate! Glad to hear you and your boys got it done Look forward to our collaboration as the journey continues.
        Last edited by Darton; 01-08-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I decided to go for a sit yesterday evening in the hopes of getting a shot at a doe and much to my surprise I saw four bucks! All of which had already dropped their antlers except for one that was still holding on to one side. This is the first year that I have seen them drop so early and I even have a trail cam pic of one that dropped on December 20th. Going to have to exercise caution on taking a shot on a doe without giving a careful inspection first
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Darton; 01-11-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Time to start a different kind of hunting

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              Amen.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                Amen.

Rwc
                Absolutely, looking forward to doing a little shed hunting after the season Trapping seems to be taking up a little bit more of my time! Caught these two in the last day
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool

Comment

Found the pic from the buck on December 20th. No doubt he had just dropped them!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Darton my man lol. I apologize for not posting up sooner but man you really have it going on. The barn the big lake already stocked with fish and food lol...can't wait to see the cabin you build.

The place is looking great and anyone can tell how much work you 've put into the place...labor of love I know but it's a lot of work; I know for sure and certain of that.

Thanks for taking us along. Hopefully you'll have a quiet season this year and the deer will stay put and not be run off by the oil field crews.

Man I love the threads about your place. Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                        Darton my man lol. I apologize for not posting up sooner but man you really have it going on. The barn the big lake already stocked with fish and food lol...can't wait to see the cabin you build.

The place is looking great and anyone can tell how much work you 've put into the place...labor of love I know but it's a lot of work; I know for sure and certain of that.

Thanks for taking us along. Hopefully you'll have a quiet season this year and the deer will stay put and not be run off by the oil field crews.

Man I love the threads about your place. Keep them coming!
                        It has been a while! I hope things on your end are going well! With a little luck all things should return back to normal this year with regards to the oil field. In the near future I will be starting a thread for a new project and would love for you to follow along on that one to

Comment

I'll be there lol.

Comment

Very jealous, Congrats on living the dream.

Comment

How's your trapping gone so for?

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                                I'll be there lol.
                                Glad to hear it

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                                Very jealous, Congrats on living the dream.
                                Thanks for following along

How's your trapping gone so for?

Rwc
                                The tally so far is 17 yotes and 19 cats! I am hoping that the effort will give the fawn crop a break!

Comment

Working...
                                X